Hello from ComputerDoc - Viewsonic gTab desperation ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

computerdoc

Sep 6, 2011
I am an Android newbie. I successfully rooted at least three times, my Nook Color. The instructions I found were clear and they did what they said they would do even if they were just a bit different. It was still easy. Now I have my beautiful Viewsonic 10.1" capacitive screen with roots that do not work.

I even tried the instructions about running the nvflash.bat when connected by USB in APX mode. It didn't change anything.

When I turn it on it boots like normal. When I hold Vol Up + and then hold Power, the expected message pops up Recovery Kernal Image found [or something like that]

Then "booting recovery image" but NOTHING HAPPENS even if you leave it for hours.

I need desperate help. How can I send back my gTab when it works but just won't root??? aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!

CAn anyone help???

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Rooting and being able to boot into recovery are two different things. You can root your device without having access to recovery, so which is it that you are trying to do? If you simply want root access to the tablet, check first if you have done that correctly. If you don't already have it, install Pavelic Terminal Emulator. Start that app, and then when you see the prompt type "su" and enter. If the prompt changes to a "#" symbol you have root. If not, download and installed this: z4root.1.3.0.apk

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Computerdoc, welcome to the forum. I think Peter's got you headed in the right direction here. In case you have any "complications", I'm moving your post to the Viewsonic gTablet Technical section of the forum where someone should be able to help you.