Hello - from digitalandroid.com - I am new and here to Help

Jul 17, 2010
So why would you reccomend your 1.5 Tablet over the M003?

Is there any upgrade for your 1.5 Tablet?

D.

One should not just look at the android platform- just because the listing says 1.7.4 etc or other numbers does not mean it will run better.
What you need to see is under the hood- does it have the engine to run it + quality.

THERE IS NO COMPARISON BETWEEN THE ROCKCHIP RS1-PAD AND THE M003- THE RS1-PAD IS SUPERIOR ANY TIME IN HARDWARE, TOUCHSCREEN AND QUALITY.

Read my recent post - I have explained further on this subjet.

The RS1-PAD that I sell (not trying to sell- dont get me wrong) has a stable quality- have sold over 300 units and not a single complaint.
From the touch screen quality to the hardware its responsive and does the job well.

The m003 or the m002 are shocking - the quality is not good at all.
almost all of the m002/m003 are being returned back to me as the touch screen or firmware issues.

Not trying to discourage any one here- however many of us get carried away with wierd numbers that look like technical jargon- but bottom line is not matter if your car has the latest set of wheels- whats important is does it have an engine or the quality to run them:eek:

Hope this helps
Sam
digitalandroid

happyzax

Apr 17, 2010
Sam,

1. How well does the webcam work?
  2. Is there software already installed for taking pictures and recording video w/sound?
  3. Does the webcam work in gmail chat/google talk?
  4. Does the unit have an accelerometer? I mean can it automatically rotate the display?
  5. What is the resolution of the screen? 800x480?
  6. What physical buttons does it have? I seem home and what looks like a volume(+/-) button in the pictures.
  7. I see the Back and Menu buttons on the display (virtual). No physical buttons for these?
  8. GPS was mentioned a few posts back. Does this unit any GPS capability or an upgrade slot?
  9. It's a resistive touch screen right?
  10. I see the android market icon. Is the market available on this tablet?
  11. Is it really just a 4-day delay before you ship, or could it be longer if the manufacturer is out of stock?

Sorry, for all the questions, but I could not find any of this information on your website. A specifications page would be nice.

I would really appreciate an honest answer to my last question, as I currently have $180 locked up in PayPal since March waiting for my ZenPad to ship (damn Enso! :mad:).

Thanks.

kfreele

Jul 17, 2010
Hi Sam

I just bought a tablet in Hong Kong and brought it back to Australia to use. I am new to androidland. The version of OS I have is 1.5, model number says SDKDemo and Kernal version is 2.6.25 rockchip ver 1.2.7 ruiguan. build number RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100512.140303.
Can you tell me what all this means? Can I upgrade, and how the firmware version?
There are several Chinese apps on it and how do I get rid of them?

Hope you can help.

Kevin

Dear Newbie ( nice name)
The Rockchip 1.5 is the most stable in the market however there are low grade copies available now, so thats a big issue.
The kernel verision is some thing like a edition- like a book with 1/2/3 editions- bug fixes.

You cannot upgrade this tablet, so please dont try as reformating this one takes time.
For the chinese apps, they are there by default.
Go to apps manager and uninstall what you dont need.
I hope this helps
Sam
digitalandroid.com

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply. It was helpful. Got a new question. I am connected via my home wireless and this has worked fine to get on the internet etc. But now whenever I try to get on the internet I get a message that says process com.android.browser has stopped unexpectedly - force close.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks
Kevin

kfreele

Jul 17, 2010
Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply. It was helpful. Got a new question. I am connected via my home wireless and this has worked fine to get on the internet etc. But now whenever I try to get on the internet I get a message that says process com.android.browser has stopped unexpectedly - force close.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks
Kevin

esmall

Jul 23, 2010
Hi Sam,
I am new here and I really need someones HELP, I have yet to get a answer...I have a new irobot apad but it will not download apps from the market place, it just stays on the starting download page but will not download the app.
how do I resolve this?

mattgsx

Jul 20, 2010
Hi Sam,
I am new here and I really need someones HELP, I have yet to get a answer...I have a new irobot apad but it will not download apps from the market place, it just stays on the starting download page but will not download the app.
how do I resolve this?

esmall,

the problem isn't with the tablet, it's a problem with Android Marketplace not authenticating your Google account. A fix (that sometimes works):

1. Clear your Google Account data cache
2. Clear your Marketplace cache
3. Disconnect wi-fi
4. Reboot device
5. Reconnect wi-fi
6. Enter Marketplace and sign in with your Google account (if it doesn't ask you to sign in, repeat steps 1-5). If you use your Google account on the tablet and on your computer (and use Google Apps personal or enterprise), it will sometimes randomly de-authenticate you.

Google has been working on this problem since 2009, so don't expect a quick fix.

dankybett

Jul 26, 2010
Hi Sam,

You seem like the perfect person to ask.

Hi have just bought a 10.2 inch tablet, which the seller claims is a rockchip with the following specs:

10.2" Rockchip Android Tablet Apad 1GHZ DUAL CORE PROCESSOR!!

CPU: RK2808 1GHZ Dual-Core - FASTEST PROCESSOR!!
Google Android OS 1.5
256MB DDR2 800mhz
Display: 10.2” 16:9 widescreen 800X480 high-brightness TFT LCD
Full Touchscreen, Sliding Menu, icons and drag function.
Built-in Storage: 2GB Flash
External Storage: SD-Card Slot Supports upto 16 GB (Memory card not included)
Motion Sensor, Accelerometer
WIFI WLAN: 802.11b/g Wi-Fi certified Network connection

Have you heard of a 10.2" rockchip tablet? Because I cannot find another tablet online with the same specs.. I thought it was a zenithink, but the seller seems certain that it's a rockchip.

Do you know anything about the tablet I have bought?

bioss

Aug 12, 2010
hello Sam.
you device make me same problem (Epad 1.7v Andorid)
i buy it from ebay 1 week ago and i have big problem.
1. i cant upload hebrew font to this device to see hebrew my language.
2. the market place dont download apps . its say download and not download.
3. the ver is 1.7 how can i do 2.* ver? and if u can do it tell me how

Thanks Eric.

shaolin

Aug 21, 2010
Help! I just received my Google Android APAD and my computers can't seem to find the driver. I am running Windows 7 . I need the driver so that I can transfer files from my computer to the APAD and neither computer recognizes it

Jul 17, 2010
Guys,
I am sorry that I haven’t logged into the forums lately.
However if you have a urgent problem or question for me...please contact me via my website which is the fastest way to reach me.

AS for the Rockchip with 16Gb Nand Flash - never heard of any manufacturer making one....I know cause I manufacture tablets.
Try and be careful if you see any one giving unreasonable features to a tablet

An Android Tablet is an Entertainment and Internet device and should not be mistaken for a PC or laptop or even an IPad.

I guess people expect too much out of them however we need to note that these units have limits + have different PCBAs so the experience for example with a VIAARM will be different to a ROCKCHIP etc...

I get over 10 questions every day from users however we need to be realistic when using these units - they are not meant for experimenting or doing the things we do with our laptops....these units have their own limits.
Android is new for the Tablets arena and in development hence its not 100% perfect. Even the guys at Android that I talk to tell me that they are still learning the tablets useage and are working with the developers and manufacturers to create a better experience as the market for the Tablet grows further.

Like I say- User experinece many vary

I hope this helps
Sam

Jul 17, 2010
Hi Sam,

You seem like the perfect person to ask.

Hi have just bought a 10.2 inch tablet, which the seller claims is a rockchip with the following specs:

10.2" Rockchip Android Tablet Apad 1GHZ DUAL CORE PROCESSOR!!

CPU: RK2808 1GHZ Dual-Core - FASTEST PROCESSOR!!
Google Android OS 1.5
256MB DDR2 800mhz
Display: 10.2” 16:9 widescreen 800X480 high-brightness TFT LCD
Full Touchscreen, Sliding Menu, icons and drag function.
Built-in Storage: 2GB Flash
External Storage: SD-Card Slot Supports upto 16 GB (Memory card not included)
Motion Sensor, Accelerometer
WIFI WLAN: 802.11b/g Wi-Fi certified Network connection

Have you heard of a 10.2" rockchip tablet? Because I cannot find another tablet online with the same specs.. I thought it was a zenithink, but the seller seems certain that it's a rockchip.

Do you know anything about the tablet I have bought?

Dear dankybett,

Sorry for the late reply.
yes there was a model for 10.2" out with Rockchip 2808 CPU , however it didnt catch on and hence you dont find a lot of sellers selling it.
The details that you have given seem correct and from my memory there were 2 factories in Shenzhen assembling the same units.

I hope this helps
sam
digitalandroid

Jul 17, 2010
hello Sam.
you device make me same problem (Epad 1.7v Andorid)
i buy it from ebay 1 week ago and i have big problem.
1. i cant upload hebrew font to this device to see hebrew my language.
2. the market place dont download apps . its say download and not download.
3. the ver is 1.7 how can i do 2.* ver? and if u can do it tell me how

Thanks Eric.

I think you need to reformat your unit to make it work again; this will erase all the bugs and start it off fresh.
However try and use the tip given by mattgsx or check my website for more details.

Contact me if the problem persists.
I may be a very small business...but I willm try by best to reply and help...

Sam

Jul 17, 2010
Dear Saolin,
I will need more details on what processor you have in your tablet as every seller calls them apad.
I dont have any support for windows however I can help out for android.

I hope this helps
Sam
digitalandroid

emeng_aga

Nov 28, 2010
gud day pls help me guys coz my apad was not working it said pls try again it all start when i download the solitaire game thru wifi pls give me some tips how to solve my problem regarding this.