Hello from East Central Florida!

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction & Forum Website Assistance' started by UrsusSolaris, Sep 26, 2010.

1. UrsusSolaris

UrsusSolaris Member

Tablet / Device:
    Zenithink ZT-180-II (Android 3.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Android 3.3)
    My Android Tablet:
    I have recently acquired an Zenithink ZT-180 tablet, and over the past couple of weeks, have had a wonderful time getting it configured the way I need it to work.

With a LOT of help, and using information from a great number of sources, I purchased a USB OTG cable (it didn't come with one), upgraded the ROM, installed the marketplace, and finally, got enough apps installed (android market, camangi market and anyplace else I could download from).

About me:
    As an old school *nix sysadmin, I find the "need" to massage the device fun. I fondly remember CP/M, DRDOS, Windows 2.0, Modem and BBS', Fido-Net, and the adventure of installing that new Slakware linux from a stack of floppies. to be a tech is to ALWAYS feel the need to tweak under the hood.

I'm trying to get better, but I still have little patience for people that buy a "tech-toy" knowing it is "bleeding-edge" and then whine because it is doesn't work like "Brand X", right out of the box.

I look forward to listening, learning and experimenting. Thank you all for being here!

2. Carbira1

Carbira1 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Waiting for a good iPod Touch Android Device
    Welcome! Working on the tablet is always half the fun!