Hello, from Essex UK

logrus

Aug 22, 2010
Hi all, i am Logrus.

been browsing this site for a while as i am in the market for a tablet.

My wife has agreed to buy me an iPad for my upcoming birthday in October, however when i investigated them properly i found it missed some important features for me, the lack of camera for skyping is a a real pain.

So here i am looking for something suitable.
I can find lots of 7inch, based on Telechips that would suit me as they have camera, however what i think i want is a 10 inch with a camera, though there don't seem to be any.

Hoep to get into some interesting discussions soon.

Kind regards
Logrus

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Welcome aboard. Turn around twice and look again. That is how fast new and different tablets are being offered and features added. The zenithink is one of what appears to be one of the newer options with a 10 in screen. But alas, no Camera. This thread descibes the unit in more detail. I would suggest patience and wait a bit longer. What you are find now will be available in a resistive, rather than capacitive touch like IPad. This will change too.

The thing to remember, Options, capability and features are what increase the price. If you have a wife who is generous, she will let you get two. One to satisfy and learn. The other to meet your desire. I would bet both would still be cheaper than an IPad in the end.

Best of Luck

logrus

Aug 22, 2010
Thanks for the welcome, there does seem to be a lot happening in the android tablet market with things changing almost daily.
Certainly going to wait until late september/early october anyways, lets hope i can find at least roughly what i want by then.

Looking at the current crop of devices they are certainly starting to mature a little and actually get faster and more useful.

lustfuljayb

Aug 23, 2010
Just be patient,whatever you think you want will be there later. The perfect device for you make be the one that hasn't been made yet.