Hello from KCMO

Dec 1, 2010
Hi from frigid Kansas City.

Just bought a 7" tablet for my son who wanted an e-book reader and Dad (me) trying to be smarter than the average bear decided to get him a tablet so he could read his books and do a bit more. A co-worker who had this tablet for about 3 months and was upgrading to a 10" sold it to me for $50 so I can't complain.

I am looking to see the exact type of tablet I have and look at the firmware upgrade possibilities.

I actually says "Ipad" on the back which is funny and where is says "Made in" the "china" was replaced by Japan. It does say M 003. After a bit of research I'm thinking it could be an Ekken 003 but I'm not sure. I'd like to upgrade it and have seen some upgrades on Slatedroid and even Ekken has one to the 2.0 firmware but I am cautious since a tablet with a 1.6 is better than a brick.

Any idea would be appreciated. Thanks to all of you who have posted before, the information has been invaluable both on this forum and the newbie guide on slatedroid.

Here it is.

$IMG00001.jpg$IMG00007.jpg

Dec 1, 2010
Any ideas on the type? I'm following the newbie guide that Lookout put out and I've already downloaded the Mercury software. Should I proceed?