Hello from Montreal - Need Help with Hipstreet Flare 2

Jelika

Feb 2, 2014
Hi everyone,

I saw a mention of you guys on youtube and thought I would give it a try since I can't reach the manufacturer until tomorrow.

I bought a Hipstreet Flare 2 tablet for my daugther at Christmas.
This morning, it won't boot up. It gets stuck at the welcome screen (Hipstreet Flare 2 logo) and won't go any further.

We tried shutting it down and starting it up again a few times, nothing. It worked great until last night. Any tips on what I should do?

P.S. couldn't find the right section to post it in (sorry about that).

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Jelika,

Congratulations on your new Hipstreet tablet and welcome to the forum.

A factory reset usually corrects the sort of problem you're having. While you're waiting to call the manufacturer, you might try some of the methods for resetting you'll find here to see if any of them work for your tablet http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-q/62022-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-tablet.html.

Unfortunately, there isn't a forum specifically for your tablet. If/when you have any problems or questions, the Android Tablet Q&A section would be the place to go. Just click that link and you'll be there.

Enjoy that tablet and the forum!

Jelika

Feb 2, 2014
Thanks for being so quick answering. I will pass on the info to my daughter. Do you know if it's possible to do a data backup in safe prior to doing a factory reset? It would be a shame to loose all the info if there is a way to save it.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Unfortunately, if you can't boot the tablet, none of the apps people use to do backups are available to you. Any apps or books she downloaded can be installed again at no extra charge, but the data for them would be lost. You could try connecting the tablet to a PC and accessing it as if it were a storage device, but even that probably wouldn't work if the tablet won't boot.

cali

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 25, 2011
Welcome to the site. Hope you've got the tab working now.