Hello from New Member

rowkesh

Mar 1, 2014
Hi I am Rowkesh and I am completely new to Android technology, I am pretty old hat at linux however having installed my first linux OS back in the 70s yeah I'm that old lol. I am actually working on a TCC8900 tablet at the moment that was given to me as a brick to play with ( I am actually an electronics engineer of some 40 years experience ) however I am completely green at the finer workings of Android. The tablet was a brick through an electronic fault which I corrected ( basically a broken link ribbon under the battery that was not connecting to the socket properly) but it did manage to corrupt the Nand in some way. I have tried to flash it using FWDN and it will not respond, under windows the nand sata and sd drives say they are fully used but are not mounted, and neither can I get the sd card either external or internal( nand ) to mount yet the tablet has full opperating capabillities except for storage memory which is low. I can not access the 4gb internal memory or transfer to sd, so you see a problem that I am sure some of you out there will say "easy" but not for an Android greenhorn like me and I would welcome any suggestions.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi rowkesh, congratulations on your TCC8900 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Telechips Based forum for you, where more people familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. That's an old tablet and there's not much current activity for it, but there are several threads already there that may be helpful to you. While you're waiting for replies, look through them. Good luck!

rowkesh

Mar 1, 2014
Thanks Spider appreciated , Ok you budding Einsteins if you can sort this one out you really will be an Android God.
As you can see from my post above my Tablet is not able to access it's 4gb memory. I eventually managed to find a driver to get my computer to recognize the chip, and I did a properties search, it shows that my SD drives 2,3, and 4 are full and Not mounted and it says although my Micro sd card is present that also is not mounted. The Tablet works fine however you have to take a game off to load another, and I can't use the camera as the SD card is not usable. No matter what I have tried the dam thing will not flash and another thing , when I do the into recovery sequence and pull up the wipe menu I cant move the selector bar down from reboot HELP lol