Hello & Gadmei T883 3D help pls

wpw007

Mar 21, 2012
Hi, I'm new to the forum, so any help in how I can get Android apps for my Android 4 Gadmei T883 3D, would be greatly appreciated. It doesn;t have Google Play (Market) on it so if anyone knows how I can do that, I'd be grateful. Apart from Google Market where else can I download .apks for the apps I want? Cheers, Will

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi wpw007, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, there isn't a forum specifically for your tablet. If/when you have a problem or a question, the Android Tablet Q&A section would be the place to go. I'm going to move your thread over there for you so folks can discuss getting some apps on that tablet of yours and hopefully make some suggestions. Good luck!

wpw007

Mar 21, 2012
Folks, Brando USB in the States sent me this, which is working! I can now link it to my Google a/c & Google Play. However, the 2x apps to view the 3D photo 7 video have disappeared, so I'm now trying to get them back. Will

[FONT=Courier New, Courier, monospace]You can download the diy firmware via [/FONT][FONT=Courier New, Courier, monospace]Download T883_DIY_Firmware_V1.1.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
and following the below steps to upgrade the firmware.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, monospace]Warning: Please back up all necessary data to your computer. The update process will delete all your data!

1) Download and extract the new software;
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, Courier, monospace]Download T883_DIY_Firmware_V1.1.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, Courier, monospace]
2) Copy the following files to the microSD Card root directory;
Please keep the memory clear before copy process

factory_update_param.aml,
u-boot-aml-ucl.bin,
uImage_recovery,
f11ref-ota-eng.bestidear.zip (no need to extract)

3) Plug in the microSD Card. Make sure the T883 is turned off and connect the T883 with a reliable power source;

4) Press and hold the Volume [+] and Power button until the T883 turn on;

5) T883 will be updated automatically and the process will be done in matter of few minutes.
[/FONT]
The tablet update process will stop & you will need to select manual update from SD card, using the Volume + button to select the options & Power button to select
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, monospace] Once done the T883 will reboot itself;

6) After the update process is completed, the T883 will automatically shut down and reboot;
[/FONT]
You will need to re-select the English language option from the settings menu:
the settings menu looks like a square with blue & white horizontal sliders on it. Once selected, you choose the option at the very top above an option with a tick box to it's left & the same 3 horizontal line slider icon on the right. When you select it, it should show English as an option.

Note: the BIPhoto & BIVideo apps will have disappeared!
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, monospace]
* CAUTION: DO NOT POWER-OFF THE T883 DURING THE FIRMWARE UPGRADE PROCESS **
[/FONT]