Hello, good people!

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
I just today received my new Acer A500. Fortunately it was delivered to my office, so I didn't have to worry about someone being home to get it. But, unfortunately, it was delivered to my office where I am having a particularly busy day, so I cannot play with my device as much as I want to. I already owned a Le Pan II, which you might know, is a quite decent Honeycomb 9.7" tablet. I have been lusting for this Acer, however, for a while. I was able to set it up and connect it to my office wifi in no time flat, so all is well there. I had a case that I bought on eBay ready for it, but, it's waaaay too flimsy. I am picking up a Targus Truss case right after work at Best Buy.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello. I hope to be able to join you in discussions and fun. I'm a happy lady today.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Hello barskin! Welcome to the wonderful world of Acer A500! I absolutely LOVE mine! I've really given it a workout since I got it when it first came out and it just gets better and better. You got it at a real good time too, with ICS just around the corner (fingers, toes and eyes crossed :)). Hope you love yours as much as I love mine. Looking forward to your comments soon.

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
Let's hear it for Google! Now, as I said, my Acer was delivered to me at my office. I logged on, entered my google account, and things were set to go. Anyway, I got home tonight and was ready to connect to my home wifi for the first time, and I noticed I was already connected! I guess it's all in my google settings, but, still...wow. I am lovin' this!

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
My Acer A500 connected to my home WiFi (which is password protected) the first time I connected it too. I had a Motorola Droid phone that I had already connected to my home network before I got my Acer. Also, it connected to my car dealer's WiFi as well in their waiting room because I dad used my Droid there too. But everywhere else I had to log-on. That's pretty cool.

marlene123

Apr 9, 2012
Hello to you too ! I also have an Acer 500 and am enjoying learning something new most every day. I find some things different from the regular computer with android, but hope to not be too old to gradualy learn the new way for me to communicate. Good luck ! I like your pic...;)

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
I have never had YouTube on anything (I have a Le Pan II, a BlackBerry PlayBook, an HP quad core 8 gb RAM notebook and 2 other pcs,) that played so well. It's like a miracle, no stopping, no buffering. I'm afraid as I post this, I am jinxing myself. Let me try another video..........No problems, again. Incredible.

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
I just adjusted the sound a bit, and put in my earbuds to listen to Tony Bennet and k d lang. The sound is fabulous! Another thing to love.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
I just adjusted the sound a bit, and put in my earbuds to listen to Tony Bennet and k d lang. The sound is fabulous! Another thing to love.

:) You sound like me when I first got my tablet. I was blown away by youtube too, and so many other things. Install the free Crackle app and take a look at one of the many full-length movies they have. The best is yet to come.

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
Crackle! Yes, I almost forgot about that one. Thanks for the reminder.

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
Watched the Non-Fat Yogurt episode of Seinfeld on Crackle.

Last edited:

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
Hello to you too ! I also have an Acer 500 and am enjoying learning something new most every day. I find some things different from the regular computer with android, but hope to not be too old to gradualy learn the new way for me to communicate. Good luck ! I like your pic...;)
Well, thank you. I'm so glad you don't hate me for my stunning beauty.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Go ahead! Make my day! Call the A500 a computer. Then you have to be sent to the corner ... to eat a nice big tub of your favourite icecream!