hello, i'm new here.

welshineire

Jan 9, 2012
Hi i'm new to this site, and new to the android tablet. I suppose I should cut to the chase and askt the question that I have so far today been unable to gain an answer to. My daughters each received a "scroll - essential" tablet for christmas. and while my wife and I are able to use a computer for very basic tasks, we are unable to get the most out of these. basically we have attached them to the laptop to down load music etc. for the girls, but the device is not recognised. we get a message saying there is no driver for "tcc8900" and when the computer looks for the drivers it seems unable to locate them. I know I run the risk of looking like a complete muppet here, but I have to try and get a solution to this for their sakes. Help would be greatly appreciated, and I thank you in advance.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Welcome to the forum and to android. For your situation you should look into installing adb it can be found in the android sdk that would probably be the best for you or you can try and use pdanet to get the drivers. Also there are many ways to transfer files from a computer to a tablet you don't always have to use the usb cable.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

J

jimbo7630

I may be totally wrong here (also very new to Android Tablets) but isn't it possible to just copy the files you want from the Laptop to a TF card and use the TF Card to play them on the Android?

Last edited by a moderator:

ohio66

Jan 10, 2012
Hi there is an app called "wifi explorer" which you can use to transfer data from PC/laptop to tablet.

You must off course have a wireless capability on your laptop and be able to connect to that wifi with your tablet.

I use this all the time (PC to XOOM)as there is no need for any drivers and any platform that can connect to my wifi can be used.

Address on the market is;

https://market.android.com/details?...mNvbS5kb29ibG91LldpRmlGaWxlRXhwbG9yZXJQUk8iXQ..

Hope this helps