Hello - my first post and initial foray into tablets

fred

Mar 25, 2011
As the title suggests I am a noob in the tablet world. I've been using/working with windows pc's since DOS but I don't even own a "smart" phone so all this tablet, mobile OS etc is like Greek to me. I just purchased a Superpad 10.2" Tablet PC just to see if I might like the tablet experience; it has the following specs.

• OS: Android 2.1 Processor: FlyTouch ARM11 1Ghz RAM: 256MB DDR2
  • WiFi Enabled
  • Internal Hard Drive: 2GB Flash with 2 TF slots for expansion (supports MicroSD 32GB max)
  • Ports: 2 x USB 2.0, 2 x MicroSD Slots, Mini HDMI, DC Jack, 3.5mm Headphone/Line-Out, RJ45 Ethernet
  • Display: 10.2" TFT Touch Screen (1024 x 600 resolution)
Doesn't appear that this site has a forum specific to this tablet as it seems this unit is some type of clone made in China? So I guess any further posts will have to be in the generic forum. I read a number of posts and stickies prior to joining and a lot of them relate to "rooting" - obviously I am not yet ready to do that, but would it be of a benefit down the road?

My biggest concerns now are since I have NO experience with mobile OS, smart phones etc (other than playing with an Ipod touch for an hour or so) is how difficult to use might this tablet be? I am going to be able to use it in a windows like manner? Will I be able to upgrade to 2.2 or 2.3 of Android should I find 2.1 lacking in some features or functionality?

I probably will not ever see this (or any other unit, like a Xoom or Galaxy)as a replacement for my laptop but rather something else to use when traveling or in the recliner for checking email, googleing something, reading a book etc.

Any tips or suggestions on how to make this initial leap into the mobile world would be greatly appreciated. I don't normally join forums unless I can contribute to them, rather than just ask questions, but in this case I really have no choice as I know nothing and may never get the skill set where I can contribute positively.

Thanks and I look forward to any responses.

datars

Mar 18, 2011
Here's the one I have and I feel that it’s one pile of crap!

I just don't believe it has a 512 DDR2 Ram or 4GB drive

10.2" Flytouch3 Android 2.2 GPS Tablet PC - Froyo Superpad-2 Epad Apad - Flytouch-3

I added a MicroSD 32GB

Flytouch3 / Superpad 2 Hot Spots:

- Android 2.2 Disco OS
- Built-in GPS Navigator + GPS Antenna
- Single TF Card Slot
- Dual USB Ports for plugging Keyboard Cases
- Larger battery for extended usage time
- Built in Youtube Application for browsing videos
- Android Market Pre-installed
- 1.3MP Web Camera

Superpad 2 / Android 2.2 FlyTouch2 Gps Tablet PC Specs:
•CPU: InfoTM X220 ARM11 1Ghz
•Display: 10-inch (1024×600 ) LCD
•RAM: 512MB DDR2 / ROM: 4GB - Note: only 2gb is available for use as half of memory is used for O/S, Apps, and GPS.
•Battery: 6400mah
•Camera: 1.3M
•GPS: HopeRF XN203
•Wifi: 802.11B/G
•I\O: 2x USB; 1x RJ45; 1x Mini HDMI; 1x MicroSD; 1x Stylus-slot
•Vibration
•Accelerometer
•Dimension: 269.91mm*170.45mm*14.89mm
•Buttons: Back, Home, Menu, Volume, Wifi, Reset and Power?

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Hello guys.

@Fred there is a specific part of the forum dedicated to your tablet, the Gome Flytouch I and II. Pretty much all of your question should be answered reading those threads.

@ Datars what you have is actually a second generation Flytouch II. There are a couple of threads under the Gome Flytouch II heading. What specifically don't you like about the tablet?

Sent from my Flytouch 2 Generation 2 using Android Tablet Forum App

Last edited:

datars

Mar 18, 2011
Hello guys.

@Fred there is a specific part of the forum dedicated to your tablet, the Gome Flytouch I and II. Pretty much all of your question should be answered reading those threads.

@ Datars what you have is actually a second generation Flytouch II. There are a couple of threads under the Gome Flytouch II heading. What specifically don't you like about the tablet?

Thanks dwcunpluged, it works like a Dog, and it was advertise as a Flytouch 3, I would like to find out if it really has 512DDR2 RAM and 4GB Drive

-Chuck

fred

Mar 25, 2011
Thanks for the info on the specific forums. What is the Android Tablet Forum App?

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Thanks for the info on the specific forums. What is the Android Tablet Forum App?

It is an app specifically for this forum. When you get on the forum home page there is a link for it on the lower right hand side, you may have to scroll down a little to find it. I had to sign up for appbrain to download it but I really like this app.

Last edited:

datars

Mar 18, 2011
Thanks dwcunpluged, I'll jump onto my Tablet and see if I can install it. Getting on the web with it is a pain.

datars

Mar 18, 2011
dwcunpluged I'm having no luck installing android system info, not sure yet how to get-it to download. I'm best at using a PC to do that. The Tablet is just a pain doing anything.

Now is that OS just a pain in the ASS?

Thanks for any help
-Chuck

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
I am still working my way through how this OS works, but it isn't really hard just different. Until very recently I used windows pretty much exclusively. Then I switched to Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Linux. That has been a challenge for my Microsoft oriented brain. Android is the same way, just different.
If you are more comfortable on your pc that is fine, just go to the market and download the apk either to your sd card or somewhere on your computer and then put it on your card. Then put the card in your tablet and go to your card. Once you find the app just select it and a popup should ask you if you want to install, click ok. It should install. If that doesn't work let me know and we will figure something else out to get to going. :).

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
It means the same thing. Click install and it will ask you what you want to do with it (if using your pc.) On your tablet it will literally install when you select install.

fred

Mar 25, 2011
I have had no luck getting any app to download to my tablet - let alone get one installed. I have accounts at AppBrain and Google but still no luck. I would hate to think that I will need to download apps to my PC or laptop and then put them on a USB or MicroSD card and then transfer to the tablet. Granted, I know nothing about Linux or Android but I don't think installing apps should be this difficult.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
I have had no luck getting any app to download to my tablet - let alone get one installed. I have accounts at AppBrain and Google but still no luck. I would hate to think that I will need to download apps to my PC or laptop and then put them on a USB or MicroSD card and then transfer to the tablet. Granted, I know nothing about Linux or Android but I don't think installing apps should be this difficult.

Same here fred. I'm not having any luck downloading it

Under settings there is a box you can check for downloading unofficial or unrecognized apps, do you have that box selected? If that is not the problem then I am out of ideas for now.