Hello - my first post and initial foray into tablets

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Yes; the link work, but no luck with install. Same error message as before

Well that sucks. I am not sure what that means. I will consult the oracle at google at see if I can help.

Sent from my Huawei Ascend M860 using Android Tablet Forum App

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
See if you can download "advanced task manager" from android market. It will do the same thing.

FROM FLY TOUCH 3

Last edited:

ropodope

Aug 29, 2010
See if you can download "advanced task manager" from android market. It will do the same thing.

FROM FLY TOUCH 3

Atm is a bunch of junk, is a resource hog and will actually ruin your memory over time. Watchdog is so much better and actually works.

ropodope

Sent from my Vaelpak 3.2 enhanced Evo 4g using Android Tablet Forum

datars

Mar 18, 2011
Well this morning I have started the factory restore, so I hope that will fix-it, and try this all over again. I'll try "advanced task manager" and "Watchdog"

I'll be back to let you know later today

-Chuck

Total Newbie

Apr 5, 2011
As the title suggests I am a noob in the tablet world. I've been using/working with windows pc's since DOS but I don't even own a "smart" phone so all this tablet, mobile OS etc is like Greek to me. I just purchased a Superpad 10.2" Tablet PC just to see if I might like the tablet experience; it has the following specs.

• OS: Android 2.1 Processor: FlyTouch ARM11 1Ghz RAM: 256MB DDR2
  • WiFi Enabled
  • Internal Hard Drive: 2GB Flash with 2 TF slots for expansion (supports MicroSD 32GB max)
  • Ports: 2 x USB 2.0, 2 x MicroSD Slots, Mini HDMI, DC Jack, 3.5mm Headphone/Line-Out, RJ45 Ethernet
  • Display: 10.2" TFT Touch Screen (1024 x 600 resolution)
Doesn't appear that this site has a forum specific to this tablet as it seems this unit is some type of clone made in China? So I guess any further posts will have to be in the generic forum. I read a number of posts and stickies prior to joining and a lot of them relate to "rooting" - obviously I am not yet ready to do that, but would it be of a benefit down the road?

My biggest concerns now are since I have NO experience with mobile OS, smart phones etc (other than playing with an Ipod touch for an hour or so) is how difficult to use might this tablet be? I am going to be able to use it in a windows like manner? Will I be able to upgrade to 2.2 or 2.3 of Android should I find 2.1 lacking in some features or functionality?

I probably will not ever see this (or any other unit, like a Xoom or Galaxy)as a replacement for my laptop but rather something else to use when traveling or in the recliner for checking email, googleing something, reading a book etc.

Any tips or suggestions on how to make this initial leap into the mobile world would be greatly appreciated. I don't normally join forums unless I can contribute to them, rather than just ask questions, but in this case I really have no choice as I know nothing and may never get the skill set where I can contribute positively.

Thanks and I look forward to any responses.

Hiya Fred !
Just got my pad/tablet today. Looks like the it's the same one you have and my knowledge level is also at exactly the same as yours. Got it pretty much for the same uses too! Glad you are one step ahead of me and have likely already figured out things I might need to know. (everything!)

Luckily I got mine from Amazon and not China, where I first ordered it. Cancelled first order when after 2 weeks they were still 'processing' the order! Thank god I got my money back as I read later most shipped with Chinese directions and set up in chinese - and chinese adapters! Yikes - that was close! Amazon got it to me in less than a week.

This one seems to work OK, at least the parts I figured out. Though sadly I've already managed to get the Micro SD card jammed in the slot and now I can't get it out. Sadly it appears I can't download any apps till I have a working card. <sigh> At least there is a 2nd slot, hopefully I won't screw up that one!

Fingers crossed.
linda

PS. Hope everyone is patient, I suspect I'll be here a LOT as I am not even smart phone savvy.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Well this morning I have started the factory restore, so I hope that will fix-it, and try this all over again. I'll try "advanced task manager" and "Watchdog"

I'll be back to let you know later today

-Chuck

Did you get it back up and going? And Google has given a short and simple answer:

A parse error is when the programming (code) is in the process of being translated by the compiler and there is an error in the coding. Php (compilier is very strict when it comes to coding, if you omit one semi-colon in the wrong place, it throws the entire coding off.

This answer actually came from ask.com. So... I hope the reset worked.