Hello Questions about the a500 and w500

SOULWINNER

Jan 6, 2012
Hello i just bought the A500 about 4 months ago and saw that it doesnt have the same "specs" as the w500... is there anyway that i can upgrade or download the format of the w500 to a500... i like the multi task interface.... is there nayway that i can upgrade my a500 and use ics on my a500:confused:

trilianleo

Dec 5, 2011
The W500 and a500 are complete different hardware. the a500 has a tegra processor that cant run windows 7. There is some tack that windows 8 will run on mobile chips, but i doubt that it will run well.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi, welcome to Android Tablets. The folks in the Acer Tablets forum should be able to discuss this with you, so I'm moving your thread over there for you.

mickeyjun

Dec 19, 2011
AHA! I got it to work, Acer W500 running both windows7 and Android 4.0.3. - the best of both worlds. There are a few issues, but I think most of these issues will/can be resolved once the video card conflict is resolved. Here's a quick list of issues: video flickers from time to time, camera force closes, many high quality graphics applications and games do not open, and the screen becomes unreadable after the unit wakes up from sleep. Besides these, the android is working great: the wifi is stable, multi-touch screen is very responsive (upto 4 points), sound, and multi-tasking.