Hello

adelmanm

Sep 13, 2011
My name is Mike. I have had a Droid 1 for two year, getting a Bionic soon, but my real motivation for being here is my new Visio 8" tablet. I like it, but it has issues.
1. When I try System Update, I get "subsystem has not been initialized", whatever that means.
2. System clock loses 2-3 minutes a day. Vizio's only answer was 'do a factory reset'
3. My SW version is VIA Plus 1.1. Haven't been prompted to get 1.2.
Like I say, I like it and the only thing I really miss is an FB app with Scrabble availability. EA's Scrabble Free for Android comes up in smartphone format, waaay tooo small.
Cheers, all!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Mike, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new tablet. I'm moving your questions to the Vizio Tablets section of the forum where someone should be able to help you.

Jun 29, 2011
Welcome to the forum.
Spare Parts app may help with Scrabble. Uncheck compatibility mode on it. You might have to reboot your tablet for it to take effect.

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
. . .
1. When I try System Update, I get "subsystem has not been initialized", whatever that means.
. . .

It sounds like you are using an alternate launcher. Before you check for updates run the Vizio home app. You can create a shortcut to run the Vizio home from an alternate home. Here's how.

You could also change your default home back to the Vizio home before checking.

Edit: Facebook app

Last edited:

bluelark

Aug 29, 2011
A while back I was getting the same error when trying to run the system update. It ended up that a reboot of the tablet bypassed the problem. Once it came back up, the tablet told me about the update automatically.

Give that a try and see if it works for you.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

adelmanm

Sep 13, 2011
A while back I was getting the same error when trying to run the system update. It ended up that a reboot of the tablet bypassed the problem. Once it came back up, the tablet told me about the update automatically.

Give that a try and see if it works for you.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

I rebooted and got the prompt for system update. All is well on that question.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
2. System clock loses 2-3 minutes a day. Vizio's only answer was 'do a factory reset'
Thing really needs a SNTP client, so that when it connects to a network it automatically goes out and re-syncs its clock. But it doesn't have one, so, unless you know how to root the thing so you can install one, you're best alternative might be something like ClockSync.

Jim