Hello

bluedawg

Jun 20, 2012
I am new to the tablet world and most things are confusing. I just bought a Galaxy Tab2 7.0 and right away hit a glitch. I was attempting to access my wireless router but it would not connect. I was sitting directly under the router and beside a laptop which was connected and somehow the device kicked the laptop off line. I had to reboot the router to get the laptop back on line. Does the fact that I was sitting so close to these devices have any bearing on what occurred? :rolleyes:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello bluedawg, congratulations on your new Galaxy Tab and welcome to the forum. I don't believe having the devices close to each other has anything to do with your problem. I regularly have my router, a desktop computer, a laptop and my tablet within inches of each other without a problem. I'm moving your thread to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 forum for you, where more people with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
As Spider said, being too close WOULD not be the problem. It's possible your router needed a good kick in the rear and you did that so if it continues to act up report back.

It sounds as if your Tab was trying to access the same network IP address as the laptop for some reason. No biggie if it works now.

dhouston

Dec 2, 2011
If your router is setup to use MAC filtering, you'll need to enter the MAC address of your tablet in order to connect.

bmw328

May 31, 2012
Assuming you didn't change the defaults on the router or the tablet (if you did post the changes) and there is nothing wrong with the tablet here are a few common issues with 1st time wifi connections
Is your router broadcasting its name?
RESET the router.
—Check that the type of security you use on the router is compatible with the tablet.
—Turn the security off on your router you should now be able to connect the tablet, then turn the security back on (make sure you use a compatible security) you will now be able to connect with security after you supply the password.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited: