Hellooooo. Serious device junkie checking in

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
I am over at the Acer Iconia A500 (which I own) board, but I gave in to my jones and just bought the Sony Tablet S I've been hankering for. While I am waiting for it to be delivered (probably next Tuesday...OMG, that long!), I wanted to ask some questions, if I may.

I was surprised to see that this device does not come with a data cable. I bought one from eBay (along with an OTG micro/male to full sized female USB adapter), but will I be able to use one of my other micro to full sized USB connecting cables before it gets to me from Hong Kong? I also bought one of the Sony leather case/stands; does anyone have one? Will I be able to use my sd card for media storage (photos, music, movies)?

I also own a Le Pan II and a BlackBerry PlayBook along with the Acer and the new Tablet S. Am I a sick woman? Yes, I am.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
barskin said:
I am over at the Acer Iconia A500 (which I own) board, but I gave in to my jones and just bought the Sony Tablet S I've been hankering for. While I am waiting for it to be delivered (probably next Tuesday...OMG, that long!), I wanted to ask some questions, if I may.

I was surprised to see that this device does not come with a data cable. I bought one from eBay (along with an OTG micro/male to full sized female USB adapter), but will I be able to use one of my other micro to full sized USB connecting cables before it gets to me from Hong Kong? I also bought one of the Sony leather case/stands; does anyone have one? Will I be able to use my sd card for media storage (photos, music, movies)?

I also own a Le Pan II and a BlackBerry PlayBook along with the Acer and the new Tablet S. Am I a sick woman? Yes, I am.

Hello barskin. I will try to answer your questions.

More then likely you will not be able to use one of your other micros for the Sony. Would that you could.

I bought a Roocase Executive for my Sony. If you do much travelling, this is the case you would want. The one you are getting might be sufficient for your needs.

The full size sd card you use is perfect for storage of movies, photos, etc.

The Sony S now has ICS so if yours does not come with it, you will be able to download it right away.

Have fun!

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
Thanks, guys! I can't wait until it comes.

Hey, I was just looking at the Roo case on Amazon. Looks nice.

yanotf

Dec 21, 2011
I have the case from Sony. Been using it over 6 months now and it "works" great. I dropped my tablet twice. Not even a scratch.

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
Got my tablet. Got my cradle. Got my case. Woo hoo!

Well, first I was surprised that my battery was at 0% whe I opened it up (yikes), so I had to wait a bit. Finally, it went past the 50% mark, and I could upgrade it to ICS. I mounted my 32 gig sd card, I had 14 full length movies in mp4 form on it, and they look and play great. I put on the sample video with the birds chirping, and my cat, Bacon, perked up her ears.

I have a lot of apps to install and screens to customize. Let the fun begin!

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
So far, great! This is a gorgeous tablet, and the screen is gorgeous to watch. I have watched YouTube, Crackle, some Internet and my own videos, all in great resolution. My biggest complaint (and, I guess, this is a common one, is the charger connection. I guess I'll have to just charge it from the cradle.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
barskin said:
So far, great! This is a gorgeous tablet, and the screen is gorgeous to watch. I have watched YouTube, Crackle, some Internet and my own videos, all in great resolution. My biggest complaint (and, I guess, this is a common one, is the charger connection. I guess I'll have to just charge it from the cradle.

Enjoy! Agree about the charger connection. I didn't get a cradle.