Help a newbie? Rooting and Tethering for Nook Tablet...Please help?

bamdrawdy

Jan 25, 2012
Hi, and thanks for having me here. New member, sorta new to modification on my gadgets. So far I have a Samsung Galaxy Precedent , rooted and running wifi tether to connect to my hp2000 laptop. Problem is I also have a Nook Tablet that I need to be able to tether to the phone in order for my son to use it here at home for internet access. I actually managed to roll the version back to 1.4.0 from 1.4.1, and that's as far as I got. I need the simplest directions possible for rooting the nook to allow app adding and tethering.Everything I have found on the net is a little over my head apparently, so... If anyone, could/would help us, I would be so grateful. Thank you in advance for any ideas/advice.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi there bamdrawdy, are you sure you need an app to allow tethering? I guess it depends on how you are trying to tether but if you simply set the phone to be a wifi hotspot you should be able to connect the nook to the wifi without having to do anything. As far as loading apps you can do that with B&N 1.4.0 without having to root. Useful links are in this thread http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...pps-un-rooted-nook-tablet-not-nook-color.html, including a link to useful apks for side loading.

The first link in the thread has been updated to allow for rooting that also allows you to update to 1.4.1 without breaking the root. Check out those resources and you should be able to a) side load without rooting, b) root 1.4.0 or c) root 1.4.0 and update to 1.4.1. Any of those options should then also allow you to tether as you wish.

JP