help all of shortcuts disappeared

Stevenpr1

Apr 17, 2011
I started it up today and all of my icons had disapeared and my widgets don't work either need some help

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Does not sound good. If you cant get the widgets to work again, you may have to re-install them. similar with your apps. You can re-create the icons by dragging the app u want from the app drawer back to the desktop.

Also programs like Launcher Pro and ADW have options to backup your desktop so you can restore it easily in such situations. You should also use something like Titanium backup to backup all your apps and data.

Every now and then backup the sdcard\TitaniumBackup folder to your PC or a flash drive just in case your microsd goes belly up.

If all else fails, do a factory reset (Hold power,home(or was it menu) & big button on front wihlst booting), format your external microsd for a really fresh start and start again. Note: You will lose all of your apps, settings and data.

Last edited:

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Does not sound good. If you cant get the widgets to work again, you may have to re-install them. similar with your apps. You can re-create the icons by dragging the app u want from the app drawer back to the desktop.

Also programs like Launcher Pro and ADW have options to backup your desktop so you can restore it easily in such situations. You should also use something like Titanium backup to backup all your apps and data.

Every now and then backup the sdcard\TitaniumBackup folder to your PC or a flash drive just in case your microsd goes belly up.

If all else fails, do a factory reset (Hold power,home(or was it menu) & big button on front wihlst booting), format your external microsd for a really fresh start and start again. Note: You will lose all of your apps, settings and data.

Also you could use Tims mod to flash the rom if all else fails.