HELP! App for streaming music from Network HDD to Asus.

grewstar

Sep 11, 2011
hi everybody,
im a first time forum user so please be kind.

please can someone suggest a way of streaming my music over a networked hard drive.
im using a asus transformer and i know of es file explorer and `my net` but these only allow me to play one track at a time. i would like to queue music or create playlists.

your help is appreciated
grewstar

D

dvdcatalyst

hi everybody,
im a first time forum user so please be kind.

please can someone suggest a way of streaming my music over a networked hard drive.
im using a asus transformer and i know of es file explorer and `my net` but these only allow me to play one track at a time. i would like to queue music or create playlists.

your help is appreciated
grewstar

If you "mount" your network hdd to your asus using ES, Astro or something similar, so that it actually shows up as a storage device, you can browse it and use a music player on your asus to play the songs.
Otherwise, you will have to use your computer to act as a music server, using something like Subsonic (Subsonic » Free Music Streamer)

grewstar

Sep 11, 2011
does 'mounting' the drive differ from adding a new server via the 'LAN' search? im using es.
thank you for the reply.

D

dvdcatalyst

does 'mounting' the drive differ from adding a new server via the 'LAN' search? im using es.
thank you for the reply.

It should be the same. Maybe try Astro and see if that works easier.

grewstar

Sep 11, 2011
i have figured out how to add music to a playlist with ES. its much nicer than using another program i found (2player).
what i also decided to do is copy 16gb of music to a sd card. that way i can use the integral music app, plus i can play when away from wifi. ie. in the car.
Thanks for your help.