Help... Bricked 1126, need img or backup files.

JonsZX2SR

Jan 30, 2012
I succeeded (LOL) in bricking my 1126 when upgrading from German ICS 4.0.3 to German JB 4.1. The tablet is more or less bricked, on startup I get a message to connect it to a PC via USB to access fastbook or FWMN (started/reset with volume UP held down.) At this point I'm stuck, although I do have drivers installed on my Win 7 laptop that recognize am Android tablet.

Looking for a backup/recovery file or a .img file of the stock GB 2.3.3 ROM and a little help how to proceed, either install a fresh ROM from the laptopm, install the ROM from a microSD card, or perhaps learn how to boot from a microSD card.

Thanks.

Adromir

Aug 4, 2012
Did you bricked it during the official upgrade procedure? Then call the german customer support, they are very kind about this, because they now it happens sometimes.

JonsZX2SR

Jan 30, 2012
Did you bricked it during the official upgrade procedure? Then call the german customer support, they are very kind about this, because they now it happens sometimes.

Until they discover you are located in North America and the ICS 4.0.3 or JB 4.1.1 are not officially supported.

I have the OEM boot.img and other backup files that someone provided on another forum. Once I figure out how to use Clockworkmod, Cygwin or similar tools I plan to restore the tablet to GB 2.3.3 and retry the upgrades. I had a fairly stable ICS 4.0.3 install and hoping to at least get that back.

By the time I'm done with this i expect to learn a lot more about Android, so the effort wouldn't be wasted.

I have a 8042 with an official ICS 4.0.3 and have been very careful with changes to avoid bricking another tablet. the 80-42 serves as a nice, small travel tablet for reading email, surfing the internet and games...

Dsoto

Aug 16, 2012
Until they discover you are located in North America and the ICS 4.0.3 or JB 4.1.1 are not officially supported.I have the OEM boot.img and other backup files that someone provided on another forum. Once I figure out how to use Clockworkmod, Cygwin or similar tools I plan to restore the tablet to GB 2.3.3 and retry the upgrades. I had a fairly stable ICS 4.0.3 install and hoping to at least get that back.By the time I'm done with this i expect to learn a lot more about Android, so the effort wouldn't be wasted.I have a 8042 with an official ICS 4.0.3 and have been very careful with changes to avoid bricking another tablet. the 80-42 serves as a nice, small travel tablet for reading email, surfing the internet and games...
Can you point out where you got it!?