Help: Bricked Coby Kyros MID7016

Russ450

Mar 11, 2012
Ok,I can help you. I had the same problem. Press the Reset button on the back of your device and then hold on the silver orb (The silver button on the bottom or the back button). Then,a screen with options will appear. Move down with the menu button and go down to "Reset to factory defaults" or something similar and then press the silver orb. Then,after that,go all the way up and press "Reboot device" or something similar. Then when you highlighted that,press the silver orb and then THERE! YOU FIXED YOUR TABLET!! :) Hope I helped. And they say its hard to unbrick... ;) lol

Last edited:

CaseyP

Jan 31, 2012
I am having the same issue. I did the above...factory reset / reboot, and have pushed the small pin hole in the back, it just loops through the android logo. Has for a few hours now. (the battery must die soon)

I am looking for the procedure to recover to the stock image. I am on KTZ right now looking for MID7012 stock image. Is there any info on how to put it on there? I can not access any sort of usb mode or anything other than the recovery console.

I rooted it, then factory reset it. now it loops. no idea if it is still rooted.

Thanks all,

CaseyP

darkdrae

Apr 13, 2012
was anyone able to find the backup for the 7016?? i signed uo for an account on ktz btut have been waiting like 4 daus for an admin to accept my sign up before i can get into the forums