HELP! BRICKED? "No recovery image found"

john_tartar

May 3, 2011
For unknown reason, mine now boots up to the InfoTMic screen, then the Sylvania screen for a while, then it goes blank. Nothing no matter how long I wait.

I tired 3 finger reset, and get the message
"No recovery image is found, try recover from SD"

OK so I downloaded system.bin, and put it on a blank FAT32 formatted SDcard.
But then how do I tell it to boot from that SD card?

If I try the 3 finger reset the same thing happens.. No recovery image....
Is there a different sequence for recovering from the SD card?

This is a EX7 unit.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
For unknown reason, mine now boots up to the InfoTMic screen, then the Sylvania screen for a while, then it goes blank. Nothing no matter how long I wait.

I tired 3 finger reset, and get the message
"No recovery image is found, try recover from SD".

From the Reset Methods section of http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...resources-synet7lp-sytabex7-disgo-6000-a.html

"Some devices don't have an initial recovery and they cannot be "Factory reset". This can be fixed by manually updating the device."

Noted in the http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...date-synet7lp-sytabex7-android-2-2-froyo.html post.

Note: Users that had previously reported getting a "No recovery image is found, try recover from SD" when attempting a "Factory Reset" (three finger method) can now "Apply a factory reset - (step by step with pictures)".

OK so I downloaded system.bin, and put it on a blank FAT32 formatted SDcard.
But then how do I tell it to boot from that SD card?
Not aware of a method like this exists as this device does not have a recovery mode. It may be possible to utilize the 2.1 update and methods identified for manual update process and re-apply the older 2.1 file. The only identified 2.1 update file was prior to the SYTABEX7 and is listed as "hwver" 11.2.0.5 so some caution as applying the incorrect update file may cause undesired results.
If I try the 3 finger reset the same thing happens.. No recovery image....
Is there a different sequence for recovering from the SD card?
This has been reported being resolved once updated to 2.2 using either the sd card method or USB OTG cable method.

Last edited: