Help! :- Can not use Beetle Dongle with my Byond MI3 Tablet

Palasbhai

Dec 19, 2012
Hi there,Me Palasbhai from Kolkata/India very happy to join here. myself bought a Byond mi3 tablet three days ago. on very first day I've connected to internet my tab with Beetle ZTE MF190 (which was with me), downloaded AVG antivirus and Dolfin browser with thy. Browse net and use e-mail, But from yesterday The tab do not identify the Doongle, or I can't connect. I've tried with Vodafone 3G stick also. any body pls tell me What is going wrong there and how can it be resolved. Please help!!!

nithingkamath

Dec 21, 2012
I Assume that your tablet is running on Android ICS.... Now, Check the following settings:
1. Open settings >> Wireless & Networks >> More..
2. In that open "Mobile networks" option
3. Check if the options DATA ENABLED and DATA roaming options are selected... now insert device and wait for few seconds.. Hope it'll be connected..

$device-2012-12-22-164058.png

If it does'nt connect do this:
1. Connect your dongle..
2. open Access Point Names from the above said menu..
3. from the option select NEW APN and fill it with your internet settings(especially APN) provided by your service provider and save..
4. See if the dongle is detected if not remove and re-insert...
$device-2012-12-22-164804.png

$device-2012-12-22-164954.png

Hope it helps... :)

Last edited:

Palasbhai

Dec 19, 2012
Joy Thakur!Thanks a lot for so quick reply. I have tried what have you sugested. yes the Byond MI3 is with ICS and am using aircel PI. I've put MCC as 405, & 801 as MNC also, but the tablet did not save the APN config. & can't find dongle though. I've tried with Vodafone Stick too! Please Help!!!

nithingkamath

Dec 21, 2012
Joy Thakur!Thanks a lot for so quick reply. I have tried what have you sugested. yes the Byond MI3 is with ICS and am using aircel PI. I've put MCC as 405, & 801 as MNC also, but the tablet did not save the APN config. & can't find dongle though. I've tried with Vodafone Stick too! Please Help!!!

I forgot to inform u one important thing:: "Wi-fi should be turned off in-order to use internet through dongle "

To check that ur dongle is supported or not::
>>>>>> In the same menu above check if there is an option called '3G support Information'... In that check if your Dongle model is listed or not... If it is not listed then your dongle may not be supported...

$device-2012-12-22-221427.png

Other than this i am not getting any other causes for ur problem.... :confused:

Last edited:

Palasbhai

Dec 19, 2012
Thanks again. Yes the dongle not supported.... but how on earth it was running perfect on the first day and night!! I'll purchase one Reliance dongle and wait for the best. Thanks again... Joy Thakur!

Palasbhai

Dec 19, 2012
Hello,I have tried to connect my MI3 Tab to PC but failed. Now I have asked Byond service centere at Kolkata what to do and they asked me to send the Tab to there center.

Palasbhai

Dec 19, 2012
Jay Thakur!
At last I am using the Tab after repairing in the tech shop of Byond at Kolkata. the usb port was broken..... but now am facing a serious problem, I am posting the thread at Tips and tricks forum