Help - Cannot download Apps

spoondeath

May 16, 2011
Can anyone out there help. My son bought me a JSM M88 tablet for Christmas and I downloaded a few apps to play with. Now I don't seem able to download anything - it keeps saying download unsuccesful. I have a full wireless network signal and can browse the web without a problem but when I try to download an App - zilch !

Does anyone have any ideas what I can try.

Thanks
John

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Try to reset the device and that should solve your problem.

spoondeath

May 16, 2011
Hi There
Tried resetting using the button at the back of the unit - no go. According to the book there is a factory reset but cannot find it. If it's any help the model is shown as "Android for Telechips TCC8902 MID", Firmware 2.1 update 1 and Kernel version 2.6.29 (caohuiri@linux-server2 #335)

Sorry to be a pest but do you have any other ideas - I have a full wi-fi signal but no 3G signal - would that make a difference

John

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2011
What does it say when you try to download an app from the market?

Try clearing cache on the market app. Go to settings/applications/manage applications/ALL
scroll down 'till you see "Market" then click force stop and clear data/cache

See if that helps.

spoondeath

May 16, 2011
Hi There

Still no joy. When I select an application on the list to download - I then confirm permissions - a hatched bar comes up displaying "Download Unsuccessful" - the download arrow appears for a few seconds then disappears. The listing still shows purchased but the application is not available on the tablet. My supplier has now ceased trading, although bought through Amazon - am I getting to the point where what I have on the tablet is all there will ever be - an expensive 3 game toy !!!!!!

John

Siskin

Jul 16, 2011
I came here, as I am trying to find updates and tweaks for my MI88 Android. I think mine is a bootleg device. It is pretty basic. It reports the same stuff i.e."Android for Telechips TCC8902 MID", Firmware 2.1 update 1 and Kernel version 2.6.29 (caohuiri@linux-server2 #335)". I was able to get the market running. I found that the factory reset option in the settings does nothing. However, if you switch off the device and then press home and power, it will boot into recovery options. You can clear the cache and reset to factory state (use the buttons on the back to navigate) When it does reboot, it is in chinese! one of the chinese buttons is to choose language.

Put in your gmail email address and the market should work with any luck.