Help! Can't remove SD Card from Zenithink ZT280-C91

Tankman

Nov 27, 2011
Hi all,
I'm new to Android Tablets - just purchased Zenithink ZT280-C91 and can't get the Micro Sd Card out of the slot after inserting it. In fact, it seems to have disappeared - can't see it, let alone remove it. The Tablet doesn't recognize that it's there - could be a faulty card, so I'd like to remove it & try another card.
Can anyone help? Thanks....

shrimp76

Dec 3, 2011
Hi all,
I'm new to Android Tablets - just purchased Zenithink ZT280-C91 and can't get the Micro Sd Card out of the slot after inserting it. In fact, it seems to have disappeared - can't see it, let alone remove it. The Tablet doesn't recognize that it's there - could be a faulty card, so I'd like to remove it & try another card.

Hello,
Last week I also bought a tablet Zenithink ZT280-C91 with a memory card sd card to 16 GB. I also had the same problem that you've had.
to solve the problem I had to unscrew the 2 screws that are close to the usb ports hdmi and remove the white outer cover to be removed with a small clamp to the sd card. Now the SD card slot is broken, but maybe it's a manufacturing defect of this model.
How we make no sd card slot? Dowload from browser required sd card, videocamera and photocamera required sd card etc etc

ArthurM

Dec 9, 2011
This problem was fixed in the latest firmware here: Zenithink ZT-180 Android Tablet Blog » Blog Archive » Upgrading to 1116 Firmware on Zenithink C91 via TF/microSD Card

Here are the release notes, (note the Sd card problem was fixed):

Release notes:

• Fixes an issue with the tablet not recognizing an SD card which was inserted too fast
  • Modified video library
  • Fixed dormancy problem after connecting charger or OTG
  • Fixed glitch with display after HDMI connected
  • Added video support for TS, TP and MKV formats
  • Provides support for the Need For Speed 14 game
  • Added PPPoE functionality

Rickyd863

Jan 28, 2012
I had the same problem. I received mine yesterday and immediately inserted a 32 gig card in it. It slid in right , or so I thought. Then it disappeared. I had loaded the card into the gap that is between the frame and actual reciever slot. This gap is on the front side so if you make sure the card is slightly press againt the back of the slot, the card will slid in and stop. you can then push againt card and you will see the card will retrack a little. I had to remove the white back and un scree the board to get my card out. This is no problem as the back only has the 2 side screws and snaps on..
Hope this helps.

Rick

cpt_noob

Dec 15, 2011
if you're gonna have the case open anyway, consider soldering a piece of coat hanger, or flat piece of metal to the wifi antenna. you can gain up to 30db, which is a considerable boost.

Fl00k

May 9, 2012
Hi all,

Anyone else having this problem, it might look slightly ugly but it works every time, cut a small piece of cellophane tape the size of the card and tape it to right before the clip on the card, the length of the tape should be long enough to tape it securely when folded down and not too short that its a pita to remove 2in or so id say.
Then when you want to remove the card it will pull right out and somehow the tape makes it align better in the slot, I spent a few hours and many "got stucks" and it just plain not seeing the card till I decided to try this, it works every time like a charm.

Enjoy!

Fl00k