Help: Cell Standby munching up battery.

Zestypanda

Nov 12, 2011
Hi, I got a coby kyros MID8125 recently and it shows that cell standby is using almost 90% or my battery, I can't find a root or custom rom for this tablet so I can't delete the phone apk files and putting it into airplane mode and turning off wifi does not kill the process, I would like to nip this in the budd early so I can extend the life of my tablet's battery expectancy, if at all I would like to just know how to at least disable it, I don't want to do phone calls, it does not have bluetooth or 3g just wifi so this is basically stuck in an endless loop that is sucking up my power!

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
How long is your Tablet lasting? If it (Battery) is dropping a lot while not even using it, then your tab is not really going into Deep Sleep and is just turning off the Screen. You could try a task killing app. There are some out there, but doubt that will help. More detail about your use, will help determine best suggestions.
It is normal for this process. It is more of a question on how long the battery life is.

Zestypanda

Nov 12, 2011
Well, I haven't really used that much because the wifi has not been working on it but while playing fruit ninja or angrybirds with the screen brightness at 50% it lasts aroud 3hrs the box said it would last around 5hrs.

spacejayson

Jan 28, 2012
Damn noone really answered ur question.
Cuz im wondering the same thiing. It says cell standby is using 99% of my battery life
wich i dont even know what that is lol
im usin 8125 model also