Help choose the appropriate ROM please!!

imranali

Aug 25, 2011
Hi guys,

I have recently purchased an Android Tablet from Wespro Digital. The specs are as follows:

7" resistive touch screen
VIA WM8650 Android v2.2 Froyo
Kernel version 2.6.32.9-default
Build Number generic-eng 2.2 Froyo v1.2.1-20110325.195324
Processor 800MHz
LED color Green while operating Red during charging
Audio Port color Black
Vibrates on startup
2 point touch YES
White backcover with the company name and logo (Wespro)

For the past couple of day i have been skimming through the forums to find out ways to upgrade the tablet to Gingerbread 2.3 but that i couldnt find anywhere, although i did discovered that i can flash the tablet with a Hybrid ROM which would enhance the performance of the tablet greatly, since my built in ROM gets choppy 15mins into the usage!!.

However i also found posts where there is an advance warning regarding the consequences of flashing the device with an incorrect ROM so i wanted to play safe and flash the correct ROM...i have also attached the pics of my tablet for better conclusion. THANKS!!

Attachments

• $Red LED Charging Mode.jpg
    $Red LED Charging Mode.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 915
  • $Green LED Operating.jpg
    $Green LED Operating.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 914
  • $Black Audio Port.jpg
    $Black Audio Port.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 819
  • $Back Cover.jpg
    $Back Cover.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 850
Last edited:

imranali

Aug 25, 2011
actually i wanted to know that which ROM would be compatiable with my tablet...waiting for your reply.

Budman721

Oct 12, 2012
Do you still have this tablet? If so, I have suggestions! Download this firmware http://www.mediafire.com/?7zmeczlcjk88vbg it is called WM8650_Universal_Uberoid_v12.1_22SEP 2012_Tecknotes.7z, but the date is a typo it's Sep 27, 2012 which is not a beta, it's a final version! when done, unpack it in a folder and delete the uberoid tool thats in there and replace it with the uberoid tool v36 in the next step! Now download the Uberoid Tool v36 make sure you get v36 from this url http://nanospic.ro/?page_id=12 Insert the SD Card into a Windows computer FORMAT the card and on prepare it will put the files needed to gather the natural environments of the tablet! Do safe removals or this will not work! NOTE! Being you have installed so many different firmwares, this might be a touchy thing, but it's your best bet! In the future make sure you do this with the original environment! Make sure your tablet is off and insert the SD Card! Turn the tablet on and it will do a 3 step script method and it will tell you when it's successful, pop it out without turning the tablet off! The tablet will finish booting! Take the SD Card and and insert it back into your Windows PC then make sure the tool is on the green led and save the enironment, which will then intergrate your tablets natural environment with the firmware! Now send the new firmware to the SD Card and do safe removals or this will not work! Shut down the tablet and put the card back into the tablet and turn it on! The firmware will install and don't remove until it tells you to! It will restart on it's own! Enjoy! Bud

Last edited: