Help Choosing A Tablet

Ajax

May 21, 2011
I am looking for a tablet with Atleast a 2.2 Android Ops System... 2-8 MB Already Included With Expansion Available... A reasonable price 100-150 Lower If Possible... Full Android Market Or Ability To Get It... Reasonable Memory For Crash Sake Lol. I have already looked into Nook, Acer, And Archos... I do not want those, but if you think it fits my description, go ahead and post it :D. Their is a tablet from Walmart called "Velocity Micro Cruz T301." It is okay, but is not to fast, and I do not think the android market works good in it.

Edit: Could you please delete this. Sorry for posting here.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
There are some good options out these days but it sounds like you have already eliminated some of the best without saying why. What do you plan on doing with your tablet and are you willing to root it or make changes beyond whatever comes stock?

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
I've owned a Zenithink zt180 for more than eight months now. This is a10. 2" Tablet running under android 2. 21. It has 4 gigs of ram built in, you have your choice of tft cards from 2gigs to 32gigs as well. Besides which I have an external drive I hook up from time to time where I have access to more than 500gigs through my usb port. I just love this thing. It's absolutely indispensable to me. Zenithink has models that will do all this and more that are in your price range.

Of the many incredible apps available, T-Swype Pro is my favorite text entry tool and I wouldn't do without it.

Rob
Sent from my zt180 using Android Tablet Forum

Ajax

May 21, 2011
Oh I thought I could not post this here lol. I eliminated them, because I am not to fond on the build, but the price is great. Scratch that, just throw them in there lol.

Edit: That's really nice, just a bit pricey. My mom is supposed to be buying me the tablet, for Christmas and college next semester so I do not want to be to pricey, besides I feel I am too old for big Christmas presents from my parents anyways XD.

Last edited:

nhwestra

Nov 3, 2011
I too am looking for a Android tablet.
I have been to at least 10 different forums.
I have surveyed more than 10 different online sellers to include:
**********, mcbubub.com,amazon.com,ebay.com,china-direct-buy.com...blah blah blah, ad nauseum.
This is my current opinion....
A)After xmas...dual cpu's will be common in the inexpensive market.
B)After xmas...3.1 will be the most common OS. Smart sellers will have dumped 2.x
C)Nobody (.05%experts excluded) really understand the difference between OMAP, Tegra, Qualcomm and the lesser players...VIA,Vimicro,Rockchip,Rena etc...
D)Not being sure what cpu to choose because I don't know what ROM developers will write for.
E) It is crazy to to spend $150+ on a tab that will be outdated in less than a year (probably less).
F)It is nuts to spend $150+ on a tab that will obsolete in 18 months(probably less.)
G)Why makers don't make their tablets hardware and therefore software upgradeable.
H)Why is Android not installable...like other OS's. After all it is Linux, aint it?(Google really needs to look at this.) Let the user decide if the system is overtaxed and allow us to opted out of certain kernal functions.
I)Why don't retailers let us know if their tablet has GPS and HDMI out? Deceptive selling.....and lame.
J)ADK and the other programs needed to run a sample ROM are not newbie friendly. (kudos to those who went school...learned own their own etc..)
K)Knowing C+ and Basic are not nearly up to par to understand writing/debug/compiling a ROM...(eleven years of high school down the drain.)

Android has legs. The pandaboard irc is really cool to watch.
I wanna get my 2nd tablet but not be left in the dust.

Now...who has recommendation on what tab to buy for under $200?
I wanna be able to upgrade it.
I don't wanna worry about Flash 10.x (Now up to 11.0).
Can I sell this in a year and not loose more than 50%?

Let's see some links and informed opinions.(with Mods approval).

I wanna get another one by Thanksgiving.

Thanks to all that reply...
NHwestra

Last edited:

Ajax

May 21, 2011
Do you all know, any trusted websites or in stores to buy them. Where I am from, we have as major stores RS, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Stores In The Mall, Big Lots, Basically a lot of stores, so if anyone knows an in store place, feel free to tell me. If not, I would love the most trusted sites :D.

tumpy

Dec 15, 2010
Do you all know, any trusted websites or in stores to buy them. Where I am from, we have as major stores RS, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Stores In The Mall, Big Lots, Basically a lot of stores, so if anyone knows an in store place, feel free to tell me. If not, I would love the most trusted sites :D.
save yourself some headache and buy the (Acer500 from bestbuy), buying a tab with inferior spec like what you suggested above is madness, buy a tab that has dedicated dev working on rom for it..

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
save yourself some headache and buy the (Acer500 from bestbuy), buying a tab with inferior spec like what you suggested above is madness, buy a tab that has dedicated dev working on rom for it..

This is good advice. Doesn't have to be an Acer500 but get something in $150-$250 price range and you'll get some decent hardware. Less than that range and you are going to be at risk of having and under powered tablet. Also pick a tablet that has a dedicated user and developer base. Looking through the threads here will let you know which devices are being developed for and have users that are excited about them.

Think Acer, Kindle Fire, Huawei, Nook and Vizio. You can't expect the world out of a cheap subpar tablet without support but you can expect a heck of a lot out of a relatively inexpensive tablet with a good community and developer support. Often you end up with a tablet comparable in performance to tablets 2 or 3 times the price.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011

Hi Ajax,
How do you think about this 7" android 2.3 tablet for $158 with shipping in our site:7 Inch Capacitive Screen Android 2.3OS Tablet PC with Amlogic Cortex A9 Processor - China Electronics Wholesale - Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China
And this device can support Skype video chat, hope you like it. welcome!:)