Help Detecting Model of Device - 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty

DarkRhino

Jan 4, 2011
Well .... was same here. I thought it was like a iPod the way it was assembled and gently was prying the back when i heard a snap, and well .... now there is a nice lentghwise crack and it refuses to respond. But yes, it did have a blue led, green headphone input, and the power supply was 9volt. I think i might spend the $100 and get a new one. What steps would I need to backup and install a new rom.
Thanks
DarkRhino

Feb 3, 2011
Dear all

Am I blind? I can't find the download link for the ROM.
Here's my model (grey metallic as in the pictures on page 1):
Memory: 256
Modell: generic
Firmware: Adnroid2.2
Kernel: 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Build: WMT2.1.2

Best regards
Werner

yayent

Feb 7, 2011
I got the same device I'm gonna be honest about this ( as I am among other things )

Device: all black maybe just painted no brand
Mem: 256M
Model Number: generic
Firmware: Android2.2 (as written, no space in d and 2)
Build number: WMT2.1.2

My pros:
1. can't say it's too slow, but it ain't fast well.
2. I expected battery lif to last for two hours, but I got more than 3 and a half hour from full charge to full drain with WIFI turned ON! on these settings:
dimmest backlight (actually sliding it from dim to bright doesn't differ much) it's still too bright for me.
I manual set the orientation, as I use my tablet on bed. since laptop is heavier and phones are really small (screen-wise).
3. I got it to work on broadband stick, I googled somewhere on how to use it on globe-tattoo ( a philippine brand ). My stick is unlocked huawei so I can browse using any simcard (3 major networks). I got to test em and connect to 'em, but nothing beats wifi speed (here at home)
4. I haven't tried hooking my adsl LAN cable but I figured since I made my stick work i guess the LAN (adsl dial) will too!
5. I dunno if it can hook with the net using LAN cable dhcp-wise or router-wise using the same LAN expansion stick.
6. Works with any usb keyboard since touch response isn't very responsive and isn't accurate on edges of the screen.
7. Before I type the CONS may I remind everyone that this is a workable, working tablet that cost ten times cheaper than your leading brand. (i'm not an advertiser on this)
buy hey, it's almost worth it.
8. Has expansions for micro sd which physically isn't too sturdy when plugging in/out. (I haven't check the max capacity though) I got 4GB to work with it.

CONS:
ok here it is:

1. Well, the touch response is mediocre, but if you use a capped ballpen or pencil's butt or any stylus subtitute, it's pretty ok.

2. I think it's lying when it says it's on 256M I downloaded an app that says I got 102MB left? I dunno.

3. since I dunno andriod and pretty new to this (but exceptionally a pro using WM devices, phones and gadgets even from NES days to Wii), It's kinda hard installing what I want to this device, I can't even get to have it networked so I just drag and drop from PC to Tablet to phone or vice versa. Guess it's an android thing.

4. Figured that android market here is fake since it doesn't show the same result as on pc when browsed to andriod.com/market I kinda it can be installed to my device on just download an app from pc and transfer it to my tablet via storage cards.

5. It shows a map as if it has GPS on it. But I guess it doesn't, as I type this I guess that goes the same for dialer, bluetooth and etc.

6. Had a hardtime figuring out how to enable moving wallpaper (i don't even think it works)

7. Get too slow after opening lots of apps. and is REALLY HARD to kill the app.

8. Videos are really pixelized, I manage to install opera 10.1 beta, video via opera gets to be downloaded as .3gp and plays really blurred, if you want to buy this for watching stuff, maybe some phones are better (yet again how about the tag price).

9. no flash player support (even on opera 10.1) I wish I can use this for my NBA companion. You can have m.nba.com though.

10. music player sucks. If you say you'll just use an earphone, well why not just grab a walkman or something, it almost weighs the same.

that's about it.

I got mine from Greenhills (a Shopping Center in the Philippines). Still trying to figure out what exactly is the make, model, processor, etc. and if it can be upgraded from Android 2.2 (from the boot screen) to Android 2.3? Next is how to get it done.

cacamacapaca

Feb 13, 2011
Dear all

Am I blind? I can't find the download link for the ROM.
Here's my model (grey metallic as in the pictures on page 1):
Memory: 256
Modell: generic
Firmware: Adnroid2.2
Build: WMT2.1.2

Best regards
Werner

I'm blind too ! Where found you the link ? Sorry I can't fint it ! Must be in page 1 but where ?
I use another ROM ( FrePad10 ) and now I wana try this .
And one more question please :
This device accept 3G - USB modem ?
Any sething for this interface ?

Thank you !

Last edited:

BuzzBoy666

Feb 17, 2011
Hello

Before I begin I did read the intro forums that explain the steps into discovering what model your epad is.

1) It does not have an Android Market, it has an 'App Market' but I did not find "Android System Info" or "ASI" when I searched
2) I do not know how to install an APK. I assume its through a memory card but not sure what process to take (is it as simple as just putting it in? if so, which file do I need from : http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...d-system-info-display-device-information.html)

I have a strong background in computer science so you don't need to speak in layman's terms

Here is all the info I grabbed from it
China.
256mb memory
Model number : generic
Firmware: 1.6
Build # : 1.9

What I need to do
1) Update the firmware if available
2) Install Andriod Market
3) Root it (if possible)

Thanks for the help!

Edit:

I believe its the ePad 7" Touch MID android but I still need a way to find more system info about it

Click on the MENU button on the top, press SETTINGS, Press ABOUT Device, it will tell you the model number, Firware version, Kernal Version & Build Number

If you want to try android 2.2, search for a rom called HoneyBee 2011, I have it running on my epad and it works fine, running android 2.2, But I cant guarentee that Yours will let you install it as mine didnt at first, I have to use a different rom that installed but had no display when it finished booting up, I think it was called Panimage or something like that.
Installing roms are at the users own risk, If it doesnt work, you will have to download hundreds of roms before you find one that works.
This is the original version of rom that was on my epad, I downloaded it from a chinese site, cant remember the url, just do a search for update software for the item CVUK-PC06-2GEN the last part of this "CVUK-PC06-2GEN" refers to the unit, I think :)

Last edited:

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
Hello RomanticEvil! My device has a BLUE LED and a GREEN Headphone input and WMT2.1.2. Can you please post a link to the rom that you suggested? Thanks
Hey venomancer1980, does your tablet run fine now ? If not I'm working on the 3rd mod for WMT2.1.2 now :s most probably that mod will work if the other fail. PM me please or post a reply :)

Marylander

Feb 19, 2011
Hey venomancer1980, does your tablet run fine now ? If not I'm working on the 3rd mod for WMT2.1.2 now :s most probably that mod will work if the other fail. PM me please or post a reply :)

Hi RomanticEvil, I have the same tablet as shown on page1, with green led and red charge.

I was trying flashing it with different roms and I bricked it. Now it only shows the name of the Rom and hangs, Can you help please- Thanks

justinepeter

Feb 28, 2011
It may be a Chinese Android MID.
It has four buttons -- the home button on the front (like the iPad's), menu and the volume rocker, and a power button. It has a pair of speakers, one microphone, one microSD card slot, and one USB port.
The tablet has 1GB of internal storage. Not sure about RAM or ROM. It's built on Android 1.6. the kernel version is 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty, and the Build number is 1.7.2. It has no market, but it has an "Apps Store."

DarkRhino

Jan 4, 2011
Well .... was same here. I thought it was like a iPod the way it was assembled and gently was prying the back when i heard a snap, and well .... now there is a nice lentghwise crack and it refuses to respond. But yes, it did have a blue led, green headphone input, and the power supply was 9volt. I think i might spend the $100 and get a new one. What steps would I need to backup and install a new rom.
Thanks
DarkRhino

I'm not sure where to find these ROM's. I was reading some, and found something about using a mouse. So i hooked up a mouse and am able to manuever menu's n stuff. So i guess im not so aout of the race. Now .... Where can i find some roms to install (and the instructions on how to do it)?
Thanks for any help
Bil

jmdroid

Mar 6, 2011
Hi speedysupra - i guess i am sloweyjm - pls can you tell me whr to locate the link ? I am running out of ideas :-(

On another note - i hope ur reflashed tablet is working fine. if you faced any glitches pls educate us..my only aim is to be able to access the Android market once i am done with the update we r all talking about.

annmal

Mar 8, 2011
256mb memory
Model number : generic
Firmware: 1.6
Build # :WMT2.0_LH

i have the same problem how can i update the firmware from 1.6 to 2.1or higher
Thank you in advance

hozone

Mar 13, 2011
i've also buy this tablet from brandsdragon
the 3.0 is a fake, it's 1.6
i've replaced this with "Black_Generic_FlyTouch_Blue_LED_WMT2.1.2_20110225" and also have tried "88_wmt2.1.1_2.1.2_20110228-HcH *NEWEST*"
i must say that "Black_Generic_FlyTouch_Blue_... sometimes hangs on boot (like the one 3.0 fake that comes from brandsdragon).
now, i'm trying to understaing how much is the ram of this tablet. cause Black_Generic_Fly... says 256Mb, but HANGS at boot sometimes, brandsdragon 3.0 says 256 but also hangs at boot
insted 88_wmt2.1.1... is 128Mb and do not hangs.

let me know if there can be some other ROM that works with this device (which is blue led, green headphone)