Help Detecting Model of Device - 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
hozone I've told you this before, 256MB is faked, meaning it's not true. It's actually 128MB. Your "problem" with "Black_Generic_FlyTouch_Blue_LED_WMT2.1.2_20110225" is because of the power button.

hozone

Mar 13, 2011
hozone I've told you this before, 256MB is faked, meaning it's not true. It's actually 128MB. Your "problem" with "Black_Generic_FlyTouch_Blue_LED_WMT2.1.2_20110225" is because of the power button.

sorry, i've read only now your replay in hch.

Arijit

Apr 2, 2011
I have the exact same model and having same problem with wifi. were you able to solve this?

jonifili

Apr 26, 2011
I got the same device I'm gonna be honest about this ( as I am among other things )

Device: all black maybe just painted no brand
Mem: 256M
Model Number: generic
Firmware: Android2.2 (as written, no space in d and 2)
Kernel: 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Build number: WMT2.1.2

My pros:
1. can't say it's too slow, but it ain't fast well.
2. I expected battery lif to last for two hours, but I got more than 3 and a half hour from full charge to full drain with WIFI turned ON! on these settings:
dimmest backlight (actually sliding it from dim to bright doesn't differ much) it's still too bright for me.
I manual set the orientation, as I use my tablet on bed. since laptop is heavier and phones are really small (screen-wise).
3. I got it to work on broadband stick, I googled somewhere on how to use it on globe-tattoo ( a philippine brand ). My stick is unlocked huawei so I can browse using any simcard (3 major networks). I got to test em and connect to 'em, but nothing beats wifi speed (here at home)
4. I haven't tried hooking my adsl LAN cable but I figured since I made my stick work i guess the LAN (adsl dial) will too!
5. I dunno if it can hook with the net using LAN cable dhcp-wise or router-wise using the same LAN expansion stick.
6. Works with any usb keyboard since touch response isn't very responsive and isn't accurate on edges of the screen.
7. Before I type the CONS may I remind everyone that this is a workable, working tablet that cost ten times cheaper than your leading brand. (i'm not an advertiser on this)
buy hey, it's almost worth it.
8. Has expansions for micro sd which physically isn't too sturdy when plugging in/out. (I haven't check the max capacity though) I got 4GB to work with it.

CONS:
ok here it is:

1. Well, the touch response is mediocre, but if you use a capped ballpen or pencil's butt or any stylus subtitute, it's pretty ok.

2. I think it's lying when it says it's on 256M I downloaded an app that says I got 102MB left? I dunno.

3. since I dunno andriod and pretty new to this (but exceptionally a pro using WM devices, phones and gadgets even from NES days to Wii), It's kinda hard installing what I want to this device, I can't even get to have it networked so I just drag and drop from PC to Tablet to phone or vice versa. Guess it's an android thing.

4. Figured that android market here is fake since it doesn't show the same result as on pc when browsed to andriod.com/market I kinda it can be installed to my device on just download an app from pc and transfer it to my tablet via storage cards.

5. It shows a map as if it has GPS on it. But I guess it doesn't, as I type this I guess that goes the same for dialer, bluetooth and etc.

6. Had a hardtime figuring out how to enable moving wallpaper (i don't even think it works)

7. Get too slow after opening lots of apps. and is REALLY HARD to kill the app.

8. Videos are really pixelized, I manage to install opera 10.1 beta, video via opera gets to be downloaded as .3gp and plays really blurred, if you want to buy this for watching stuff, maybe some phones are better (yet again how about the tag price).

9. no flash player support (even on opera 10.1) I wish I can use this for my NBA companion. You can have m.nba.com though.

10. music player sucks. If you say you'll just use an earphone, well why not just grab a walkman or something, it almost weighs the same.

that's about it.

Pretty much the same here, both in the device has in the usage. I can add that so far I had no problens with wi-fi, or else. I used androidVNC and been able to use it to work in my remote machines, with no problem.
In doubt if there is really any point (besides flash) in updating.

BlechMann1980

Jun 13, 2011
Hoi!

I am Andreas, new to this, but I need the rootet ROM 4 this Pad. I bought it through Ebay for my Girl and now Im trying doing the best out of it.

Its exactly the version mentioned in this threats start.

I think its the Version with Wonder Media since the Boot Screen shows a Version Number like WMTxxx.... I think the WMT stands for Wonder Media. Where do I find a working rooted ROM now?! And is there found a Version Update of Android for tis Pad in the meantime?! Any hint to get it a little faster?!

Greetings and thanks,
Andreas

ineedroot

Jul 29, 2011
Just a question..
Do i need root before flashing ROM?

Can i flash this apad?
Memory: 256MB
Model number: generic
Firmware Version: 1.6
Kernel version: 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbb-dirty
Build number: WMT2.1.2_8102
Processor: ARM926EJ-S rev 5 (v5l) 174.48MHz (<< yes i need to oc that's why i need to root T_T)
Resolution: 800x600
i tried z4root but it didn't work according to root checker T_T
PS: Thank you

Last edited:

mehranshah

Aug 17, 2011
i m very new to the same model android which u r having and know nothing about it...just nill u can say in using it...if u can tell me somthing nice then i will b greatfull to u...

davidptelford

Dec 7, 2011
Hi,

Bought a 2nd hand Android tablet a few months back for my youngest for christmas.
Only just getting round to sorting it out now :(
It all seems to be working apart from the App Market 'It appears that your Internet Connection is not available'.
Had a quick look through existing threads but to say I am not up on the technical speak etc would be an understatement!!

This is the jist of what I can find out about the Model:
I think its a iPed (aka aPad, iRobot) Android OS v1.6 Build 1.9.xx
256mb memory
Model number : generic
Firmware: 1.6
Build # : 1.9

As I Say if you can help then please explain as though your talking to a 12 yr old ... or younger!

Thanks,
David.

gameguy95

Mar 12, 2012
Hate to graveyard post but i can't figure out what tablet I have for the life of me and i was hoping you could help

Memory size: 256M
Model number: generic
Firmware version: Android2.2
Kernel version: 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Build number: WMT2.1.2

daveloves

Apr 1, 2012
HI, I have what is supposed to be a Flytouch III but can't boot it up, since it does not get past the vibration before the booting.. It just keep viberating so when i took it apart i took the number off the board and googled it, i was directed to a Flytouch III forum.. I did read somewhere that a Flytouch III is supposed to have 2 TF Card Ports but this one only has 1 TF but 2 USB Ports... Still confused.. Would like to figure out how to get this to boot and then ready to root it to the best firmware i can find but might want to start with this one... If i ever get it to boot.

alexd73

Aug 26, 2012
Hello!
Sorry for my English! I hope you understand me. :)
I have a box that says: "iRobot MID"
Inside Tablet with native parametrs:
256mb memory
Model number : generic
Firmware: 1.6
Build # :1.8.2

I tried to update firmware, but have a trouble with a camera, wifi-module and touch-screen.
Help me please detect my device and download the correct and working firmware for this device.

Thank you very much!

Last edited: