Help finding a new low priced tablet

mskitty

Dec 4, 2012
Hello To all
I would like to buy an Tablet & just don't know which one to buy,
would like to spend the least amount if passable. I want to be able to search the web, music, and a nice size screen would be nice.
I'm looking at the goggle ones BUT seems Little pricey. The research I've done seems to show that theres something wrong with each one. Any help would be great.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi mskitty, I moved your posts to a more appropriate part of the forum. There are many low price tablet options and this subject has come up many times. You may want to try a search and see what results you get. Since you are trying to stay under the price of the Google tablets that means you are looking at a price of $199 or less. There are many Chinese tablets under that range and you can also find close out deals, refurbs and used major brands for less than that. You do have to realize that the cheaper the tablet the more compromises you usually have to accept.

JP

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
Please don't waist your time and money on the knock-off tablets. You won't be saving but a few dollars and you won't get the true Android experience. Google Nexus 7 is only $199 and is the latest and most advanced. Also, with the knock-offs it is unlikely you will ever see any firmware updates. With any Google branded tablet and phone you get the update as soon as Google releases it. There will also be app compatibility problems with the knock-offs, that is if you are even able to log onto Google's Play Store (App store for Google).