Help finding the right tablet for me, I have searched, but for unique useage.

ArtosDracon

May 24, 2011
Ok guys, first post here, complete newb question, but only for tablets. I have been doing some researching, but I can't find all the info to make a decent decision.

I am looking for an 8-10" android tablet, either running plain android or that is rootable. It will be used exclusively for playing music either by Pandora, Google Music or over the network. I'm really hoping for one that excels at audio, without spending a fortune.

That's it, that's all I need, but it seems that is rather a tall order, unless I'm just not looking in the right place.

Thanks,

AD

ArtosDracon

May 24, 2011
I would prefer to spend less than $200, before shipping, I can go as high as about $500 shipped, but for that, I think I'd be just as well off, if not better off with a touchscreen PC running a media center frontend, 7MC with MusicBrowser could be done inside $500, ya know?

And wifi should be sufficient, I'm not completely deaf, but most of my music is 192hz MP3s, so fairly low bitrate.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
I think a ViewSonic gtablet would be right up your alley. They can be had for about $200-$250, they are highly customizable/hackable. It has a 10.1" screen with a dual core processor.

ArtosDracon

May 24, 2011
Seems like a lot for playing music, since my D2G isn't even dual core, and I use it for everything, but if it's the easiest to get running basic android, even 2.3, then it's likely worth the extra scratch. Thanks!

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
Well it can actually run honeycomb. I paid $800 for my 3g xoom if it makes you feel better. :D

ArtosDracon

May 24, 2011
That I just will not understand unfortunately, I get that they're small and light, but $800, seriously, you can buy a nice laptop for that.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
I already have a nice laptop. I just needed a new toy to tinker with. I like gadgets. I've been looking at adding a 7" tab as well.

andamas

Feb 15, 2011
I suggest the Huawei Ideos S7 Slim. At $300 it fits your description, although I have not been able to successfully root it.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I would look into Archos devices, they are priced right and are probably the best media tablets on the market.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Tablet Forum

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I suggest the Huawei Ideos S7 Slim. At $300 it fits your description, although I have not been able to successfully root it.

A friend of mine says he rooted with Superoneclick if you havent tried it yet.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Tablet Forum