Help flashing roms from http://teamtelechips.naobsd.org/

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
oh my, it is a good thing this did not work
you nearly flashed your recovery into the boot partition!
it should be more like "fastboot flash recovery recovery.X6D.img"!
I never had to use fastboot so i dont know if it is just a subroutine of adb or need to be activated specialy =(
probably it is your best bet to wait for the weekend?

p.s. that link does not work for me.

eroeurbano

Feb 4, 2011
Ok Loonix, I'll try to wait...
but still can't understand one thing: isn't there any low level way to reflash the Rom?
If neither adb nor fastboot work hw can I recover my tablet?
I couldn't even download FWDN for windows, can't find it...

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
FWDN is part of every official firmware download for the m701.
should be part of every official firmware package of our pad family (tcc89xx).
try THIS ONE for example (it is the latest for the m701 HY).
(The part that has the download links has this text: 网通1下载 电信1下载 备份下载)
If your friend does not have Windows XP i have here a mirror of other windows VTC drivers

When i boot into recovery mode i have a very limited ADB interface and also no access to /system/
only when i try to boot normaly i can access it.
Probably you could mount it (if you had access to /system/ :p *brainfart*)
the 'failsafe' mode is flashing via FWDN, that mode is burned into the chip and cant be erased.

Last edited:

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
First you will have to search for yourself (or maybe someone can help here??)
For a firmware for your pad that comes in NAND Data.fai, lk.rom and tcc8900_mtd.img... (the last one is the most important and no you can not flash that via ADB :p)

then you put them and the firmware on a USB stick and take them to your friend.
there you unpack and install the VTC driver that fits his system
and use FWDN to flash the firmware.

eroeurbano

Feb 4, 2011
Hi Loonix, unfortunately we'va tried using windows and FWDN with a friend but we weren't able to make it work.
I'm going to open a new thread since now is not more about upgrading the firmware but about recovering a bricked tablet :)
Thanks for all your help!

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
That is bad =(
So, i think it is a good thing that you opened a new thread on slatedroid.
I will not answer there (at first) and hope you get some fresh ideas in that thread.
you should mention that you use linux and do not have easy access to a windows PC.

Tell me, can you use the adb commands 'adb shell df' or 'adb shell ls' or is the whole shell unacesable?

Did you get new firmware?
rkenders did post something on slatedroid HERE

Also can you describe what went wrong on your friends PC?

eroeurbano

Feb 4, 2011
Hi Loonix,
unfortunately I don't know what my friend did to the tablet, he just wanted to have some fun so I left him the tablet :)
The Linux/Windows is not an issue, I'll use a virtual machine in case I only get Windows dependant answers.
The shell doesn't open at all, when I try adb shell I receive a message saying that /system/bin/sh requires permissions I have not.
I contacted rkenders, hopefully he would send me the correct files to flash on the tablet and hopefully this issue will soon be solved :)
Thanks a lot for your help :)
And hopefully soon we'll be able to talk of apps to install and nice tricks for the tablet :)

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
ah, i hope you had a lot of fun ;)
I just tried to use VirtualBox with a virtual Windows to flash my m701 but did not manage it.
The flash program always gives errors even if the drivers are all recognized and installed,
so i guess you will need a 'real' windows pc =(

Without access to the /sh stuff you cant mount use df to check where you can safe files,
without that you cant push files anywhere (maybe blindly to /nand or /mount/nand?)
I think you will not get around the Windows PC ...

vicky

Mar 5, 2011
HELP!! First off I dont know if im in the right spot so please bear with me and please help! I purchased one of these ipad knockoff so I dont know what version or what the heck it is? Ipad,Iped,Apad??? I turned it on and It was working fine later on in the evening I turned it on again and the android little guy was stuck on the screen and did'nt do anything so I read your forums and put a running system on it and then the screen became fuzzy like a bar in the middle of the screen, then I tried to turn it on the green light goes on but doesnt turn on and then when the charger is plugged into it the red light goes on I guess it's charging?? I just want to get the thing back on and running again the manual doesnt really help I dont have a reset button or hole?? The screen doesn't turn on at all!! I don't know what to do I was possibly thinking that mabe I need a new root download?? Vicky

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
Vicky,

Depending on what model you have there may be a small button on the back of the tablet. If the tablet is securly mounted to a book-styled cover it is probably a x5a or x6 which will have a reset button (hole) to the right of the memory card slot. If not there is usually printing on the back side of the tablet that will point out which hole is the reset or there will be one on the backside...all tablets have a reset button.

Cheers

vicky

Mar 5, 2011
Thanks for responding I've been looking for a reset hole but there is nothing the only hole is the mic hole and i tried that but I dont think thats a reset nothing happened? The backside believe it or not says apple! 64gb thats it??

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
Hi Vicky
your Pad sounds like nothing i know from the top of my head.
usualy they do not have this 'apple' print on them.
Please make some pictures of the pad (front and back) and the plugs (power, usb, headphones...).
Maybe a link to where you did buy it from or what specs it is supposed to have.

vicky

Mar 5, 2011
$IMG_1474.JPG$IMG_1470.JPG$IMG_1477.JPG$IMG_1475.JPG
Sorry it sounds like nothing youve heard of I'll upload some pics! Thanks$IMG_1476.jpg