HELP: Flytouch 2 Issues

tacubos

May 6, 2011
Hi All,
I just bought a Flytouch 2 Android 2.1 tablet a few days back. Today I actually decided to started up and play with it to make sure it actually worked. When I started it I noticed that the layout of the operating system was very different from that of the review, manual, and youtube videos I saw when doing my research for this product.
There was no tridimensional layout for the widgets and icons and most of the preloaded apps didn't work. I was able to surf the net fine, but it didn't seem like the system was running on Android 2.1, but something more a lot more simple. I finally noticed that there was an orange exclamation point at the top of the screen, and that when I pulled it down there was an update for the system.
Most instructions were in Chinese but I was able to make out that they wanted me to load the update and then reboot the machine.
I went through the download fine, and at the end it told me I needed to restart the machine for the changes to take effect and to backup any files before I restarted. I do not have any files to save since I just bought the tablet. I said OK to restart and then it told me to plug the charger. The machine turned off, then on, and then it got stuck in a screen that says infoTMIC.
Is this normal? How long is that infoTMIC screen going to be up? Is the pad waiting to be charged 100% before it can completely reboot? Or is this thing broken and I just need to return it to Amazon? I need help fast!

Omar

p.s. I did unplug the machine from the charger and then press the power button and it reboots the old version of the machine, the one that looks plain and it looks like it is not Android 2.1. Like I said, that version works okay, but it looks really crappy and it doesn't have all the functionalities that Android 2.1 has. Once I am in the old version again the update is still in the upper taskbar waiting to be loaded. If I click on it, it tells me again to plug the charger, it turns off and reboots to the infoTMIC page but it just gets stuck there again. =(

kevbot

Apr 9, 2011
I got one of these off ebay a few weeks ago (the 8gb one) Same as yours, hardly any of the apps worked, the apps tray was half empty and market, youtube etc didnt exist, even though the sellers pics showed them I then discovered if I deleted an app from the home screen it went from the apps tray too, never to be seen again Very dissapointed and was about to send it back when ebay mailed me to say the seller had been kicked off ebay As the tablet was next to useless, I had a search around and found a firmware (tim3a) to reset the tablet and make it super functional Its now running great

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
If that doesn't work, try using burntool with the 1170 update.

tacubos

May 6, 2011
So, I broke it now trying to do those directions. Now it turns on for like 30 seconds and then turns off on its own and back on. So, I already contacted Amazon, I am returning it. Too bad cause for the price you cannot get a tablet that does so much as this one, but it was not meant to be. Just get something that has less options but from a better manufacturer I guess. Thanks for all your help guys.