Help - Formatted the internal sd card on a 8 inch A8 Pad Cortex-A8

kingwex

Dec 15, 2010
I purchased this 8 inch A8 Pad Cortex-A8 Google Android 2.2 Tablet PC With 4GB Wi-Fi from Pandawill.com and it was working fine. I purchased a 8gb sd card and tried to use it. Long story short I ended up formating the internal sd card. I now will boot to the Android 2.2 logo then the linux penguin, it then goes to a touchscreen calibration. After touching the five points it then stays on that screen, and the only way to get it off it is to press the reset button. I have left it on that screen for 7+ hours and it will stay in the same screen. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do? :mad: And to make matter worse I purchased it as a gift for my son, so I am hoping to fix it before Christmas.

mkmagu

Dec 16, 2010
I have a similar model, you have to click through the 5 points twice. once you do that is should work calibrate and work as normal.

kingwex

Dec 15, 2010
It will not go any further that touchscreen calibration. I push the + however many times it shows up then it will go away but the screen still says Touchscreen Calibration. I think it is trying to write a config file, but since I formated the internal memory it can write it. Any other ideas?

sierra1bravo

Jan 25, 2011
You have actually erased the boot files of the device, and there's no way it can now boot (however, please note that this situation can also happen on some configurations if you choose Touch Screen Calibration from the Settings Menu, even without erasing the internal SD Card). Since you remember reformatting the SD card, this is not a reversible/recoverable situation.

If you are ok with opening up your device (thus voiding the warranty probably) and have access to an SD Card reader, follow the instructions below to re-flash the internal SD card (the instructions are for Windows XP):