Help getting TitaniumBackup to use my external SD card

rcmolski

Apr 4, 2011
Hi,

I've been searching and experimenting for a number of days now, but I've had no luck getting TitaniumBackup to automatically use my external SD card for my backups. I've even emailed their support, and the reply wasn't very helpful.

According to that email, I should be able to browse to my preferred folder, but I can't get it into 'browse' mode.

I've tried a bunch of paths to the external SD,but that only gets me an error that the folder can't be created.

Has anyone gotten TitaniumBackup to save to the external SD, or experiencing the same issue?? I'd sure appreciate some help!

Thanks,

Bob

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
The path is /mnt/external_sd/ {add any subdirectory here}

I don't use Titanium, but that is the path to the external microsd card.

rcmolski

Apr 4, 2011
Icebike,

Thanks, but I've tried that and about 6 other paths I found searching. None have worked...there must be something different for the A500 that will work, I haven't found it yet.

I'll be sure to post the EXACT details when I get this figured out.

Bob

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Six other paths won't help, because what I posted is the EXACT and ONLY path.
(You have purchased and installed a MicroSD card, right?).

Download ES File Manager from the market and create a Subdirectory on your MicroSD card and then give it the full path to that subdirectory.
If that fails, email the author because their app is broken.

rcmolski

Apr 4, 2011
Yes, I understand 6 other paths won't help. My point was that I tried (again) what you have suggested and other suggestions and none of them are working. I have a 16GB card installed and working. Maybe I will try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

I haven't found any posts from people using an A500 getting this to work. I was hoping someone on this forum who is using TB and has it working would respond with some tip or trick, or something stupid I am missing.

rcmolski

Apr 4, 2011
I figured it out. From the Backup Folder Location I needed to press the 'back' softkey, and that took me to the /mnt/ folder. From there I could navigate to the external sd and my backup folder there.

Bob

spexwood

May 11, 2011
I figured it out. From the Backup Folder Location I needed to press the 'back' softkey, and that took me to the /mnt/ folder. From there I could navigate to the external sd and my backup folder there.

Bob

I am reading this thread for the first time, but very glad to hear that you solved your issue. I too use Titanium Backup and what you mentioned about the back key while trying to select the backup folder really is confusing... took me a while to figure it out as well :-S

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

erkme73

Jul 8, 2011
Ditto on the kudos. Icebike - hate to say it but your comments had nothing to do with the solution. Rcmolski - great job figuring out the 'hidden' back functionality.

I've tried many times to get to the external, using the "auto detect" function, and got no where. The second I read your back-button solution, it worked.

This is like one of those undocumented Easter eggs that really should be more intuitive. Kind of like the hidden "advanced" menu when your in the system Wifi settings. No clue you have to hit menu while you're already in a menu...

Hattip to you, my friend.

alexc110

Nov 14, 2011
I had this problems too. I also could not solve it until I read this thread.
So thank for rcmolski, using 'back' softkey can let the backup folder change to my miscr SD.