Help! Haipad M708 flashing wrong firmware and bricked

turnberry

Mar 30, 2011
My Haipad M708(Telechips 8803) runs Andriod 2.2 OK before. Sevaral days ago I found a 2.3 firmware and like to give it a try,unfortunately it was failed because CRC didn't match. I turned the device off when I saw the message(CRC check failure), and then it cannot turn on. I use FWDN V2.13.

Please help! Thanks in advance!

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
I've seen references to this model before but the Haipad web sites don't seem to list that model number nor ANY Telechips 8803 devices (all their Cortex A8 tablets appear to use Samsung CPUs). So I've no idea where you'd find the correct (nor original) firmware for it, nor who really makes that tablet.

turnberry

Mar 30, 2011
Thanks a lot OffWorld. M708 is made by Haipad early this year. I have the correct firmware 2.2(lk.rom,NAND Data.fai and tcc8803_Mtd.img)which I flashed succesfully before. I tried to use FWDN 2.13 to start it(Open FWDN, load the files, plug device to back USB port, and then press power and reset the same time), but no luck.

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Try holding down all the buttons at once (the original firmware on my M701-R required that to get into flashing mode). Also, firmware can reassign the buttons, so if it reassigned their functions the buttons combo could have changed. The CRC check errors often mean the partition table is wrong (for example it's a pretty common error when people flash roms meant for 4GB capacity to a 2GB device).

turnberry

Mar 30, 2011
Thank you so much for your help OffWorld. I tried many times,but still not work. It was dead.

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Sometimes even when the device looks "bricked" you can still talk to it with ADB. If you can then there's also a possibility you can flash CWM Recovery to it (it's a separate partition from the System). If that works then, if you have a card reader for your desktop system you can put a rom update on it, put it into the tablet,reboot into recovery and restore from the sd card.

turnberry

Mar 30, 2011
OffWorld, Glad to know. How to use ADB or is there a link for guide? Again I appreciate your help. Thank you very very much!

turnberry

Mar 30, 2011
Hi OffWorld, I figured out how to use ADB. Here is what I got,

adb devices (press enter)
List of devices attached (nothing after it)

adb shell (press enter)
error: device not found.

Is this mean I cannot talk it with ADB?

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Unfortunately that does mean ADB can't talk to it. :(

If you can't get it into flashing mode for FWDN, can't flash from a zip file on the sdcard because there is no working recovery, and can't talk to it with ADB I'm afraid I don't know any way to unbrick it.

hopper12

Mar 22, 2012
Thanks a lot OffWorld. M708 is made by Haipad early this year. I have the correct firmware 2.2(lk.rom,NAND Data.fai and tcc8803_Mtd.img)which I flashed succesfully before. I tried to use FWDN 2.13 to start it(Open FWDN, load the files, plug device to back USB port, and then press power and reset the same time), but no luck.

hi, could you share where you got your lk.rom and tcc8803_Mtd.img?