Help!! Help!!

Centuri

Oct 3, 2012
I upgraded my Wife's Samsung Tab2 7.0 to JB 4.1.1. HOWEVER, in the process I somehow turned on a feature that requires her to enter a password to have the machine allow access. How can I turn this feature off before my wife "turns me off"!!

Centuri

Oct 3, 2012
The problem is that under "Settings> security" there is no "Screen Lock" function...

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
On your tablet it may be under a different name but that's where you would/should find it. Do you have Exchange Mail or VPN set up. Sometimes that can affect the security settings.

Centuri

Oct 3, 2012
nothing else set up on the system..

Under "settings>Lock Screen" there is a category "Screen Lock" showing that the tablet is "Secured with Password" which allows setting a password, but no way to remove the password..
There s also a category labeled "Lock Screen options" but no reference to remove password.

I had recently ungraded my Tab2 7.0 and this password thing did not occur..
very puzzeling!!!!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I assume it is locked with a password. If so go to that section and enter the password. If I remember correctly it will then give you the option to go back to just a swipe.

Centuri

Oct 3, 2012
Thanks again, Leeshor.. The second time I reentered our "standard" password it worked..Problem solved.. Thank you very, very much!!!