Help, how do i back up my apps on my non-rooted Tablet

TG.

Jul 9, 2012
I have a Fusion 5 Premium + Tablet, the thing is when their is an update for this tablet, the apps are lost, i have just been told a new update is about to come out Jellybean 4.1, now if i update i will lose my apps again, and also ones i have purchased, so can someone please tell me how i can back up my apps, so i can just reinstall again, i have tried "App backup & restore" from the google play-store, but when i have checked my 32gb external SD card i can't see any apps on it, any feedback greatly appreciated.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Spider, you got me very curious with your reply to the OP suggesting My Backup. What about this terrific post you made about SanDisk Memory Zone on April 3rd, 2012 here:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...te-android-backup-app-you-will-ever-need.html

Did you just forget about it, or is there some reason you didn't want to mention it? I'm wondering if you used it and decided it wasn't as good as you thought it would be. I've been using it and really love how easy it is to use, but haven't tested it out to see if it will restore everything the way it should. Have you given it a test, and do you still recommend it?

Sorry if this is somewhat off topic.

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
If your apps are from Google Play Store or Amazon App Store then they have all you core back-ups permanently on file. For your stored data along with the apps then Astro File Manager is the best. Having Astro is like having Windows Explorer, it's a very powerful app with many functions. And it's free.

jhunph

Aug 24, 2012
Make sure that app backup and restore is saving your apps to the sd card. I used app BU&R and I had to indicate where I wanted my backups stored.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Did you just forget about it, or is there some reason you didn't want to mention it? Do you still recommend it?

Good questions, not at all off topic.

I thought something simpler that backs up to an SD card would be more appropriate in this instance. I'd still recommend Sandisk for an experienced user backing up apps and data etc. on an ongoing basis. For a one shot deal, adding cloud storage and the ability to make incremental backups etc. would be unnecessary complications.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Good questions, not at all off topic.

I thought something simpler that backs up to an SD card would be more appropriate in this instance. I'd still recommend Sandisk for an experienced user backing up apps and data etc. on an ongoing basis. For a one shot deal, adding cloud storage and the ability to make incremental backups etc. would be unnecessary complications.

Well, that makes perfect sense. I should have thought of that. I've used My Backup in the past when I was new to Android and I remember it was so easy to use and I liked it. It probably changed a lot since then though, that was a few years ago. Think I'll check it out again and see.

Thank you for answering my questions.