Help!! How to move games into my external SD card

tbonesrealm

Dec 9, 2012
Hi to all,

Im already consuming all my internal sd card space, I have class 10 32gb external card.
Just want to know how to move games into my external SD card?

Many thanks

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
If the version of Android you are running supports apps2sd you simply go into settings- applications- manage apps and pick the app you want to move to the sd card and it should have an option to move to the sd card. Not all apps can be moved though. If you want to force move apps you will need to be rooted and then use Titanium backup.

tbonesrealm

Dec 9, 2012
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
I tried installing App 2 SD (app manager) but this application is just moving the games in internal sd not in external sd
also I tried installing GL to SD(root) it move the game data files to external SD card the only problem it's for selected games only,
I've installed the need for speed and the datafiles is almost 700MB it is not on the list.

I really want to move all the games to my external card, this is the reason why I bought the 32gb to free up the internal sd.

Red7

Dec 26, 2012
If you are running ICS then its the OS that isn't letting you. For whatever reason they designed it that way, you cannot move apps to the sd card, just pics and docs.

Like probbie said, you can still try forcing it over using titanium backup if you are rooted. I believe that you basically back it up using the program and then delete it, then restore it but now to the sd card instead.

tbonesrealm

Dec 9, 2012
Hi,

Already rooted I never installed the Titanium backup and don't know yet how to use it, I will try to explore.

Thanks,

tbonesrealm

Dec 9, 2012
Problem solved:cool:
I used the directorybind application, to transfer large game data file and obb to external sd.

Thanks to all.