Help im locked out of my tablet i just got 2 days ago

celestial81

Dec 20, 2011
I just got the Nova Android eTablet and have locked myself out of it, how do I go about resetting my tablet to get back into it? Thanks celestial81

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
locked how? did you set a screen pattern and you have forgotten it, or some other way?

celestial81

Dec 20, 2011
I just went and turned my tablet on and poof security lock was engaged?? I wouldn't set a code because I just got it, and didn't want THIS TO HAPPEN!!!! I have a website explaining exactly how to reset the whole thing, but I've tried to reboot it and it's not working :mad:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Though I have not tried it, if you mess up the pattern too many times it should prompt you to use your google account to unlock it so long as you have a google account set up on the device. A button should pop up that says "too many pattern attempts" and you can use this.

Beyond that, the method would be to factory data reset (wipe the device) using the hardware buttons. You will have to go to the OEM website and get the manual for the device to figure this out, or post more info on the tablet model number so someone with that tablet can assist.

celestial81

Dec 20, 2011
Ok, Best Buy let me exchange it... BUT HOW DO I CORRECTLY SET UP MY WIFI FROM MY IPHONE TO MY TABLET?? CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP MEEEEE???? I've been trying this for 3 days n nights and don't want to mess it up!!!! I'm thinking i mayve added wrong info that's why my screen locked.... Thanks celestial81

celestial81

Dec 20, 2011
I purchased an android tablet and I'm now on my 3rd one.... :(
I purchased one with a cracked screen, then the 2nd the screen locked, Best Buy returned it for a new one, yet now I can't, well don't know how to PROPERLY INSTALL the wifi Internet I have in my iPhone to my Android Tablet or even via my Wii.... I don't have HOME Internet, but do have Internet on the iPhone and I know it's possible, I just don't know what codes to put into for my IP ADDRESS, OR ANYTHING!!!! Will my Bluetooth work or what's my options???

Thanks,
Celestial81

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
You need to pay your carrier for the hotspot privilege. There's an app for wifi hotspot. After tethering is enabled, you can turn it on. Your tablet will see the wifi signal being braodcast by your iPhone. Click it and enter the info from your hotspot app, like wep/wpa key.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I have an iPhone 4 with hotspotting enabled through my carrier.

Go into the iPhone settings - General - Network - Hotspot.
If it allows you to get into this and turn it on, your carrier allows it.

If not, you will need to call your carrier and enable it or jailbreak your iPhone and grab an app from Cydia to enable this.

Using the stock method, the SSID will be the name of your iPhone set in the General settings.
The passkey can be set in the Hotspot settings.

You can also do it via Bluetooth. You will need to pair the two devices, then go into the bluetooth settings on the TF101 for the iPhone and tap the wrench and tick the box to allow internet access on this connection. This will only work if your hotspotting is set up with your carrier, or if you have a jailbroken phone with a tethering app.