Help, just bought an 8024

mzwldwlf

May 28, 2011
just bought it yesterday, was playing on it, really impressed so far. It powered off, I thought it needed charged. It charged all night long. I cannot get passed the Coby screen. I have hit the reset button, we have tried the update, I still get nothing.

paintpuddle

May 28, 2011
Same thing here. Bought it yesterday, charged it and it worked beautifully. I turned it off went to work and when I came home I turnede it on only to find that It would not go past the coby screen. Tried reset also to no avail. Called the Techline and was told to try to return it to the store and get another one.

mzwldwlf

May 28, 2011
I installed the update that popped up, and my kids installed a few games, angry birds and a cooking game. I downloaded a book, the curious case of benjamin button, changed the desktop pic to the water live wallpaper and that was it. It shut down about 10 minutes later and I have not been able to get it to reboot since.

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
Hummm that is odd. Just checked UPS tracking and my MID8024 should be waiting when I get home in 2 hours. Did either of you get it booted again...I may not update for the first day or 2.

edit 6/5: Mine arrived and seems to work fine...I have yet to install the update.

Last edited: