Help me fix this thing

angee38544

Sep 21, 2011
Ok so I figured out today that I have a wonder media brand tablet. Now it says it has android 2.2 on it and when I go to the market all the apps or alot of them are chinese. My husband wants to be able to use this to read ebooks and play angry birds but I'm thinking the only thing this thing is good for is tossing through a window. I really don't want to do that. So can anyone help me fix this so it runs something better or something I don't know. Or so I can find games in English. Help. Please

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
Try the information at http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...38-i-cant-download-market-i-need-new-rom.html for the android market. It worked for me with the original software.

As for the useability, I recently installed the Uberoid ROM (go to HcH'z TechKnow [www.HcH.net.tc] - User Control Panel - Registerand register, then go to HcH'z TechKnow [www.HcH.net.tc] - Login and read through the chart to make sure you are correctly identifying your model, and install the appropriate version. No more choppy Angry Birds - the tablet literally feels almost twice as fast.

angee38544

Sep 21, 2011
Well I can download just fine but I can't find anything that's not chinese. There isn't even an app listed as angry birds. But I've been able to download from the market that's on there fine just I'm not native in Chinese. lol

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
I understand. If you install the market in the link I gave, it is an English market and will give you what you are looking for. The tablet will still be slow.

angee38544

Sep 21, 2011
I understand. If you install the market in the link I gave, it is an English market and will give you what you are looking for. The tablet will still be slow.

aha ok now I'm caught up thank you thank you that's what i've been looking for now to figure out how to do it??? thanks so much

angee38544

Sep 21, 2011
OMG it worked the right market is there. However now I've got to do the tweeking to make it not choppy like you suggested. Also do you know how to change the icons on the home screen so that the right market icon is there instead of having to go where it shows all the stuff on it?

P.S. thank you thank you so very much

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
Click on the existing market icon and hold for about 2 or 3 seconds. The icon will be highlighted and you will see a small garbage can symbol at the bottom right of your screen. Drag it over there and let go.

Now the symbol at the bottom right of your screen will go back to what looks like a bunch of small squares. Tap it, and you will see every icon for all programs on your tablet. Tap and hold the new market icon, you will now see it over your previous screen or home screen. Let go where you want it, and you have the proper icon where you can access it quickly.