Help me identify this tablet: Allwinner A10 based

TheBosZ

May 31, 2012
Hey everyone,

I recently bought this tablet: McBub: Low-Priced , USD 89.99, 7 Inch Android 4.0 Tablet PC AllWinner A10 CPU 1.2GHz 512MB DDR3/ 4GB Storage Ultra-thin WIFI HDMI White (CN110217)

I just got it in the mail over the weekend and I'm disappointed. The screen is capacitive but is very flaky with "dead zones". Also McBub states it comes with Android 4.0 and it definitely comes with 2.3.

Otherwise I like the tablet: it has a full-sized USB port, seems to run games fairly well and everything.

I can't figure out how to calibrate the touch screen (the option is missing in the settings) and I can't see the full Android Market.

Anyone know anything about this? Where could I find a better ROM for it?

Thanks for any help.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
To Post.
This is a Mid tablet, what ever they are. My brother has one and it makes a great paper weight.
For the same price you could get a ICOO tablet from Amazon with a Was twice as big.
Just got mine yesterday. First impressions post was very good. I sold the little thing to my brother and he was so happy with it that he got on Amazon and bought another as a gift for a granddaughter.
Seriously I normally do not recommend inexpensive tablets because most tend to be bad devices but this ICOO D50 I think it was, just worked perfectly right out of the box.

Sent from my A1_07 using Tapatalk 2

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
HI

Sorry for any inconvenice that caused.

Our customer service has contacted you many times and want to fix the problems, we already talked a lot to factory,and try to get a android 4.0 firmware for this tablet. but factory hasn't given that to me, we are totally sorry for the inconvenice that caused.

you can still try to email or do the live chat with our customer service, and they will tell you how to get the replacement etc.

any one who can help OP to slove the problem,we mcbub will send the big coupon code to him.

any suggestions,welcome to post here.

thanks

Hey everyone,

I recently bought this tablet: McBub: Low-Priced , USD 89.99, 7 Inch Android 4.0 Tablet PC AllWinner A10 CPU 1.2GHz 512MB DDR3/ 4GB Storage Ultra-thin WIFI HDMI White (CN110217)

I just got it in the mail over the weekend and I'm disappointed. The screen is capacitive but is very flaky with "dead zones". Also McBub states it comes with Android 4.0 and it definitely comes with 2.3.

Otherwise I like the tablet: it has a full-sized USB port, seems to run games fairly well and everything.

I can't figure out how to calibrate the touch screen (the option is missing in the settings) and I can't see the full Android Market.

Anyone know anything about this? Where could I find a better ROM for it?

Thanks for any help.

TheBosZ

May 31, 2012
I wanted this one because it has a full-sized USB port on the side.

McBub, I got your email from customer service and I sent my order number.

What are my options?

If I could get Android 4.0 and calibrate the touch screen, I'd be more happy with it.

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
hello, dear friend,
we received your message and this is your order numer1057788, please confirm. Thanks for your compliment of the usb port and the game running, and mcbub will present more and more good tabs to the customers like always does. Refering to the flaky with "dead zones", the refresh file can solve the touch screen problem and the 4.0 system upgrade file is availble as well. So that is a “double shoots”, right?One more thing, this is a capacitive touch screen tab as there is no need to calibrate but refresh. And it is also “Embedded screen”, so it's better for you to remove the screen protector out for usage. Please check your mail box and we will attach the 4.0 upgrade file link to you. Hope everything run better and best regards.

Any other things, please send an email to : [email protected]

Apple
Service department
McBub

TheBosZ

May 31, 2012
Hi,

Yes that is my order number.

What do you mean by "refresh file"?

I did not receive a 4.0 upgrade link. Please send that to me.

Thanks

nicks1978

Jun 22, 2012
Hello, Did you ever get your tablet to upgrade to 4.0? I ordered this same tablet thinking it was 4.0 and then saw your post. Let me know if you got it to work. Thx!

nicks1978

Jun 22, 2012
Thanks for that link. Downloading it now...although my tab is still on the way. It'll be here sometime next week. How are you liking it so far? Hopefully i'll be able to figure this out. Hate it that its listed as 4.0 on their website, but comes with 2.3 :(

TheBosZ

May 31, 2012
I like the tablet. It's fast and has a good picture.

My recommendation is to rip off the plastic that's on top of the glass. It's under the frame so it seems like it should be there, but it's applied terribly.

The new firmware is all in Chinese so I have no idea what to do with it.

nicks1978

Jun 22, 2012
Thanks man..makes me feel a lil better about the tablet.

Yeah..i downloaded that firmware from the link u posted...all chinese...

TheBosZ

May 31, 2012
McBub, I have yet to hear a reply about how to do the firmware update.

The instructions are all in Chinese (even the file labeled "EN").

Please tell us how to update the firmware on the tablet.

Odrade

Jun 28, 2012
I have the very same model than you but with android 4.03. I have not buy it in McBub.

When changing the firmware don't forget to recalibrate your battery !

Odrade