Help me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope

Discussion in 'Coby Generation 3' started by IHateMyTablet, Oct 11, 2012.

1. IHateMyTablet

IHateMyTablet Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby Kyros MID 8042-2
    ok guys, I'm Jeremy, and here's the score;

I got my Coby Kyros MID 8042 the other day and I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING.
    I have tried to the point of near madness to find a method to root my tablet in all corners of the internet,
    but the sheer size of the wall of (mostly useless) information threatens to overcome the frail thread of sanity I have left.

Please,
    Tell me how the hell I root this thing. I just want to watch netflix while I poop.

Thank you all,
    godspeed.

2. Spider

Spider Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    NOOK Tablet Stock NOOKcolor Rooted/Flashed Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB Stock
    Hi Jeremy, congratulations on your new MID 8042 and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Coby Generation 3 Technical forum for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

3. manusilvestre

manusilvestre Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby Kyros 8042
    Hi Jeremy!
    Visit this topic and follow the steps so you can have Google Play and a rooted rom, but let me warn you I'm not responsible if you brick your tablet ;)
    About Netflix I read somewhere in this forum that you have to use an old version, use the search and you will find it.
    May the force be with you and your tablet!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Traveller

Traveller Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby Kyros MID9742, Dell Streak 5, Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 6
    Also check out the Development Index sticky in Generation 3 Development for additional items such as custom ROMs. If you're running Windows there is a root tool which is designed to make the rooting and recovery installation processes easier. I must remind you that we cannot be held responsible if you brick your tablet, however you can help your own cause by making a dump of the existing firmware before you attempt to add the Google apps. You can do that with the aforementioned root tool.

• Like Like x 2