Help me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope

IHateMyTablet

Oct 10, 2012
ok guys, I'm Jeremy, and here's the score;

I got my Coby Kyros MID 8042 the other day and I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING.
I have tried to the point of near madness to find a method to root my tablet in all corners of the internet,
but the sheer size of the wall of (mostly useless) information threatens to overcome the frail thread of sanity I have left.

Please,
Tell me how the hell I root this thing. I just want to watch netflix while I poop.

Thank you all,
godspeed.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Jeremy, congratulations on your new MID 8042 and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Coby Generation 3 Technical forum for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

manusilvestre

Sep 20, 2012
ok guys, I'm Jeremy, and here's the score;

I got my Coby Kyros MID 8042 the other day and I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING.
I have tried to the point of near madness to find a method to root my tablet in all corners of the internet,
but the sheer size of the wall of (mostly useless) information threatens to overcome the frail thread of sanity I have left.

Please,
Tell me how the hell I root this thing. I just want to watch netflix while I poop.

Thank you all,
godspeed.

Hi Jeremy!
Visit this topic and follow the steps so you can have Google Play and a rooted rom, but let me warn you I'm not responsible if you brick your tablet ;)
About Netflix I read somewhere in this forum that you have to use an old version, use the search and you will find it.
May the force be with you and your tablet!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Also check out the Development Index sticky in Generation 3 Development for additional items such as custom ROMs. If you're running Windows there is a root tool which is designed to make the rooting and recovery installation processes easier. I must remind you that we cannot be held responsible if you brick your tablet, however you can help your own cause by making a dump of the existing firmware before you attempt to add the Google apps. You can do that with the aforementioned root tool.