Help My 7127 screen is not responsive!

nklemens

Feb 1, 2012
My son came home from school to use his tablet. His 7127 screen will not work. No touch response. I have pressed the reset,but it takes us back to the frozen screen when it reboots. Also all the aps are still there. Is there any way to do a Hard Reset and reset it back to defaults? I hope it comes back. He loves it. My Amazon return policy expired YESTERDAY!
Several on Amazon have had the same problem. They returned theirs within 30 days.

Thanks,

Norm

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
There is a thread in this very forum if I am not mistaken that teaches how to unbrick and restore the firmware on a 7127, have you searched the forum?

orlsan

Mar 7, 2012
I have an issue with my Tablet. It´s a Kyros 7127. I´ve played with it several times trying to find the best firmware / rom for it. Almost got it, but had problems with the Market, although the last one that worked was very stable and fast. In my search for a better software, I tried with the updates from CyanogenMod for the 7022, and got bricked. But I managed to revive it following a tutorial for the 7015. Had to open it, remove battery cables, do a short-pin and everything, and it´s live again. Restored a CWM backup and the system goes up. The thing is that the screen is not responding. The buttons are working normally. I think it could be the EEPROM as I read in an article, but not sure about it. Anybody has a clue? How can I get the screen to respond again?