Help!!! Need to root my coby mid 8084-4 cant find anything

betadata

Dec 21, 2012
I am a total noob. Never rooted anything and I just bought the 8048-4 for the wife. We both have android phones and are used to having the the market/play store and it's apps. I'm trying to figure out if I need to get this rooted or just return it, because the wife isn't happy. No facebook, and most of her apps don't work. What and how do I fix this?

Go here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ment/51742-coby-8048-recovery-custom-rom.html

I have 3 of these tablets,
I would recomend installing the recovery file first do a back up then intstall 8048T1root gapps signed file its easy as pie and gives you access to all the apps you want from play store

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2013
Hi,
I am also new to the whole rooting process.
I have a mid8048 that I got for Christmas. I myself was very aggravated without the play store because I could not get any of the better apps. But as mentioned I downloaded amazon appstore (Was very delighted, love the free app of the day). Also I got 1mobile app which allowed me to download facebook for android and some other apps that Amazon does not offer (like utorrent etc). However my main frustration is that I bought a 16gb sd card so that I could use this tablet to it's best and have tons of apps installed and don't have to rotate them out when the internal storage is full. 16gb would be sufficient for what I want accomplished. I found out that the way the android tablet functions is that it recognizes 2 different internal memory, one as internal and one as "sd card". So even though I have my external sd card plugged in the apps do not move to this. I have researched and found a way to swap the two so that I can move my apps to the actual external sd card with all the space.

But what I am finding out is that in order to fully accomplish the swap, I need to root my tablet. I do not want to break it so I really would like some guidance on the best way to accomplish this without ruining the device. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jan 6, 2013
I ended up rooting my device and trying the fix to the sd card by adjusting the vold.fstab and somehow ended up deleting it. And when deleting it, it also wiped my sd card clean and now I can't find an original copy. If there is anyone out there that would please send me a copy of it from their 8048-4 I would seriously appreciate it more than anything. My tablet is useless now and I cannot even load it unless it is connected via usb to my pc.

Thank you very much guys.