HELP needed: Taking, saving, and sending pics via email

new2

Apr 2, 2014
I'm using my son's Toshiba Thrive, Android version 4.0.4.

My son is overseas (ARMY) and he would like me to use his tablet to take, save and send pics of his daughter (just born) to him. My daughter-in-law is in no shape to figure this out and her parents are even less savvy with tech than I am.

I do not have a camera or computer, so I need to use this tablet.

I know how to use the camera, but it is just not clear to me how to save/name each picture and then locate it when sending an email (attachment).

Just an observation, but this technology does not seem to be user friendly, so I can't imagine how these tablets ever became the least bit popular?

Can anyone provide exact instructions to do this?

Thanks.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi new2,

Congratulations on becoming a grandpa and a photographer.:eek: Also, welcome to the forum and thanks to your son for his service. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets.

I have a feeling you're going to need very detailed instructions from someone familiar with that Toshiba Thrive. I'm moving your thread to the Toshiba Thrive forum for you, where people more familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you out.

Good luck!

dnargsiefil

Jul 11, 2011
Hi... I guess I will be the first to respond. As with many things there are a couple ways to achieve this.
Simple and easy way:
Go to your Gallery application (this is where you can view the different pictures)
On the top right you should see an icon which looks like a V laying on its side - this is the Share icon
Click on it and you should see a list of apps you can use to share this particular picture with, scroll in it to find your email tool, probably gmail.

Second way
Open your email app and create a new email, you will find in the toolbar of the email tool an icon looking like a paper clip, which is the attach file icon. Click on it and you should be able to navigate to your picture gallery and select multiple pictures to attach and then you can send the email.

3. way and more sophisticated.
Install dropbox on the tablet (you get 2GB cloud space)
Enable the Camera upload feature, now every picture you take is uploaded to the cloud (assuming you are on wifi)
Either your son installs also dropbox on the computer using same login credentials you created, when he is online the pictures would be automatically synced to the PC folder. (if he moves them to a different folder, your cloud space becomes available again)
Or he can use the web site for dropbox and view or download the pictures from there.

Hope that helps and you are successful in sharing the joy
And thanks again to your son for his service to our country.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
If you decide to email, just a reminder that some email servers don't accept large attachments, limiting you to maybe three or four pics, depending on their size.