Help needed to complete homemade usb charge cable

mvancil

Aug 25, 2011
? Really?:confused:
It Will never work, barring some massive change in the laws of physics.

We are talking about the Sylvania Tablet? it uses 7.5 volt batters, and a 9v charger.

5v from a USB port won't do anything, except possibly discharge your battery, or damage something.

The charging voltage must be higher that the battery voltage, devices like cell phones use a 3.7v battery, so 5v works fine to change them, but it wont work for this tablet.

I was looking at my charger when I wrote that, I clearly read the output as 5v at 2 Amps....and this charges my tablet just fine. I'm not saying you're wrong, it's entirely possible I misread it, and I'll check it later.

mvancil

Aug 25, 2011
Well, I gotta say, I really hate losing my eyesight....almost as much as I hate being wrong.

However....The charger is clearly a 9v @ 2 amps. So...I was wrong. (Please print and frame this)

Anyway, I have about 100 different chargers in the garage, so I'll locate one that's 9v and make a spare. John is correct, the USB will never push enough for this.

mvancil

Aug 25, 2011
She's not feeling well tonight. Came on rather suddenly. We still don't have the results back yet. I'll keep ya'all updated.