Help Needed

Scott_71

Dec 27, 2011
Hi All new member looking for help

In November we brought a Elonex 7"Wi-Fi Andriod Tablet & Keyboard set for my son for Xmas and soon has we got it we turned it on to see it was all working fine then on Xmas morning after my son opened it we put it on to show him how it worked all started and loaded fine then turned it off then about an hour later he went to put it on but will only load to the Elonex start up then go off and my son is really disappointed he cant use it .

Can anyone help us with this please it will put a smile back on my son face if anyone can

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
well, let's take this one thing at a time.

Is it fully charged, or plugged in?
Did you add any software between when it worked the first time.
How long are you letting it go before thinking it is frozen? If there was a software update, which is very possible between when it shipped and when it was turned on, the first time it boots after a software update it can look like it is stuck when it rebuilding caches and things like that. you have to leave it alone while it does that, not turn it off and back on.

Let us know,
Peter

Scott_71

Dec 27, 2011
Hi Peter thanks for replying

Yes fully Charged but even tryed when plugged into the mains

No Software added we just put on to see it was working

When we press the on button the Elonex welcome page will come on for a few seconds then disappear and returns like it has turned off so we have left alone for over 2 hours and nothing

Scott_71

Dec 27, 2011
Cheers just looked at Elonex Support page but how do i download it onto the tablet when i cant get the tablet on has its saying to

When youre connected to Wi-Fi, browse to this page on your eTouch and tap this link 700ET YouTube Update (0.2Mb) to download the upgrade.
2. When it downloads to your 'Download history' (if you've navigated to another page just pull down the notification bar by swiping the bar at the top of the screen down) then click the 700ET-YouTube-Patch.apk file. In the windows that appear tap Open and 'Install'.
3. The upgrade will automatically install and once complete click 'Done'

Cheers Scott

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Download it to your PC, copy it to your SD Card, and then insert the card in your tablet. Follow the instructions for Full Firmware upgrade further down the page.